PDA

View Full Version : Driving with a uke in front

valde002
02-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Sometimes I drive around with a uke near the front seat... For times when I am in traffic and just sit there. Or if I am waiting for the kids or something. ***Disclaimer, of course I never drive and uke at the same time!***

But if I rest it in the front seat it slides off. Also, if I stand it up between to my seat and the console, it falls. Any suggestions? What do you all do with your uke in the front seat?

jfalconc
02-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Completely understand you...I do it all the time!!!

Rllink
02-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Buy a baby seat and strap it in.

Down Up Dick
02-08-2017, 02:53 PM
Strap it on, but just don't play it until you're parked or waiting.

Try not to hit a tree or head-on a car. You might ruin your Uke. Think of a good explanation for the cop. :old:

OhioBelle
02-08-2017, 03:25 PM
Outdoor tenor rides around with me, either in the front or back depending on whether or not I have a passenger. Sometimes I tell said passenger they have to play the uke if they are going to ride with me!

Choirguy
02-08-2017, 04:18 PM
How about mounting a ukulele on the grille, like long horns? :)

OhioBelle
02-08-2017, 11:54 PM
How about mounting a ukulele on the grille, like long horns? :)

Good idea! Like this Alum-a-uke for sale at Elderly. Polish that baby up and roll on down the road!

https://www.elderly.com/instruments/vintage/ukuleles-used/alum-a-uke-concert-ukulele-recent.htm

Rllink
02-09-2017, 12:49 AM
If you gotta have it that close to you, attach a tote bag handle over the headrest on the passenger seat, and put it in there.

DownUpDave
02-09-2017, 01:06 AM
I have mine in a gig bag and it lays in the back foot well, passenger side. I can just reach back behind me and easily grab it. Keeping it in the front seat is not a good idea, if you slam on the brakes that uke will go flying into the dash board or windshield. Ask me how I know this :wallbash:

chainyanker
02-09-2017, 02:44 AM
Hard enough to dodge drivers while texting, now drivers playing ukuleles. I wait for hand free model or Bluetooth. Lol

actadh
02-09-2017, 04:19 AM
I keep mine in the case/padded gig bag and click the passenger seatbelt through the handle. I always case my ukes so it is a small thing to unlatch/unzip to access the ukulele when opportunity arises.

UkerDanno
02-09-2017, 05:13 AM
I have mine in a gig bag and it lays in the back foot well, passenger side. I can just reach back behind me and easily grab it. Keeping it in the front seat is not a good idea, if you slam on the brakes ...

That's what I was going to say...

kohanmike
02-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Even if you play at a light or in stopped traffic, a cop will ticket you. My friend plays his harmonica, I would never take such a chance.

sculptor
02-13-2017, 01:35 PM
Velcro! I'll leave the details as an exercise for the reader. :shaka:

-- Gary

rubykey
02-13-2017, 03:05 PM
Get a tall. narrow cardboard box that fits the uke and place on the seat with a seatbelt, or in the back on the floor. Tho I like the bag over the headrest idea.