Published Curriculum

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
In accordance with my dissemination plan for my WCMT Fellowship I have published a first draft of the start of curriculum titled Ukulele Building Course. This is not an advertisement for my course but an open access document which can be discussed and improved upon. Please feel free to critique the content and offer suggestions - it is the first Module and deals with absolute basics. I will be developing this and have a very clear path based on my research and own experience so if you feel inclined to advise me where to go next, save your ideas for when you can read where I have gone and then give helpful non-speculative advice. Thanks folks. Published in the files found on Facebook at tis address:https://www.facebook.com/groups/petehowlettukuleleclub/

Sorry I cannot provide a more specific link... that is unless someone can advise me how better to get the information to y'all.

I'm ill at present and cannot be in the workshop so have nearly completed week one of Module 1 which covers basic bench and machine tool techniques, making shop tools. Am working on week 2 which covers preparing jigs and templates, preparing materials for a build, building 2 Boat Paddle Style ukulele....If any body can suggest how I can make this word document more easily accessible please contact me so I can publish it to open access.

Hi Pete,

When I go to your facebook page and navigate to the files area I see the list of files but find no way to open or download them. Not sure if it is just me being dim.
It is nice to be able to see your facebook posts without needing a facebook account ... some time ago this was not possible so very glad I don't need to sign my life away to Mark Zuckerberg.

On the subject of giving access to files for comment ... if facebook is a challenge then perhaps you could have the material downloadable from your petehowlettukulele.com website. just a thought.

all the best
Andy...

Thanks Andy. Will look at an alternative. If you want a private copy, email me and I'll get module 1 to you in the next week or so.

Pete,
maybe save the files as a PDF, then it becomes irrelevant which word processor/version and operating system is being used by the reader. Another benefit is that if protected the document becomes uneditable except by you, so would stop modified versions of the file being created out of your control.
I couldn't access the file either, wanted me to log into Facebook...
You could also save the files in something like Box, they have an individual plan which is free and gives you 10Gb of storage. People can then download from there.
https://www.box.com/en-gb/pricing/individual
h

Last edited:
Day one- sharpening-
aka- a brilliant way to keep everything in your shop super sharp all the time!!!! ;)

Its cool your students make those listed jigs. Nice touch.

Top Bottom