FS: New Soprano Cigar Box Uke by Black Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
Here is a new cigar box ukulele made from an old redwood 1886 cigar box. This is a
soprano size uke with a 13 3/4" scale length. These boxes have a unique sound that
makes a great mellow sounding uke unlike any other. The top is thinned and properly
braced for the best possible volume and sustain. The sound holes are uke shaped for
a little added interest. The neck is made of Mahogany wood and has a graphite truss
rod for life long durability and strength. The head plate is a figured hardwood, the
finger board is ebony with MOP dots, side dots included. The bridge is rosewood with
an ebony saddle. The frets are standard for easy playing and there are 18 total, all
clear of the body. It has a bone nut. The friction tuners are chrome Grover brand
with cream colored knobs. It has clear Worth brand strings. The top is hand painted
with a Hawaiian dancer and has a finish of nitrocellulose lacquer over the paint for
protection. The playing action is easy and the intonation is accurate. Your complete
satisfaction is guaranteed. No case but I will double box for safe shipping. Made in
the USA. $25 shipping in the USA lower 48 states. Payment by money order, personal
check or bank draft only, no Paypal. Email me if you need more information. Thanks
for looking.

SOLD

Attachments

• 2017-1-31 Cigar box uke-a.jpg
    2017-1-31 Cigar box uke-a.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 242
  • 2017-1-31 Cigar box uke-b.jpg
    2017-1-31 Cigar box uke-b.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 2017-1-31 Cigar box uke-c.jpg
    2017-1-31 Cigar box uke-c.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Nice. Can't help to think the bridge acts as a censor bar sort of. But she's clothed so.

Your post is so hard to read. You might have greater success if you edit it.

Nice Uke though.

Nice. Can't help to think the bridge acts as a censor bar sort of. But she's clothed so.
Haha! I couldn't help but think of those Michaelangelo paintings where they had to come back and cover up the naughty bits. :biglaugh:

Now if this were a Chuck Moore CBU, the look might be quite different. :rolleyes: :p

Oh wow. I just realized this is Black Bear #500; at least that's what it seems to say on the back of the headstock. Maybe it's 600-- I need glasses. In any event, congrats to Duane, who's been doing this longer than most anyone- especially here on this forum. I always wanted one of his cigar boxes, it's just never been the right time when they're announced. Sigh.

Oh wow. I just realized this is Black Bear #500; at least that's what it seems to say on the back of the headstock. Maybe it's 600-- I need glasses. In any event, congrats to Duane, who's been doing this longer than most anyone- especially here on this forum. I always wanted one of his cigar boxes, it's just never been the right time when they're announced. Sigh.

Hear! Hear! Couldn't agree more Matt.
For those who would like more insight into Duane's art, he is featured in a wonderful documentary on prominent uke builders
from over a decade ago now, which also spotlights some players and the history of the instrument - 'The Jumping Flea'.
Another lovely instrument Duane.

Yes, this uke has the number 500. I don't have many cigar boxes left and these 1886 boxes are getting very hard to find. Thanks for the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom