what Electric\akustic tenor ukelele for about 200usd?

k-nizm

Reaction score
hey. i have searched on google for hours looking for tips and reviews for buying a ukulele around 200-250us..
I found some at almost the same price, but i need to decide witch one..
what is the best buy?
Kala KA-TEME
Kala KA-TE
Kala KA-PWTE
Cordoba 20TM-CE
or
maybe use more money buying Gretsch G9121 ACE?
any other suggestion ?

Last edited:
I liked my Gretsch G9121 ACE until I decided to cull down the 16 ukes I had accumulated, it was one of the casualties, but was good while it lasted, just not quite up to the 4 I kept. It has a solid mahogany top.

Not hard to get a Cordoba 20T-CE for less than $150. I had one and was impressed. It has a solid mahogany top and sounds like it. I think it's light for what you are getting. I loved the low g's with wound 3 and 4. I had always intended on installing better tuning machines. The electrics worked perfectly and the intonation was spot on. It required no real setup. I did polish the matt finish to a gorgeous low gloss with some instrument polish but flitz worked well too. Gave it to my Granddaughter. Good luck.

I have the Kala KA-PWTE and I am very pleased with the instrument. I am new to ukuleles, and this is my first uke, but from my limited knowledge and the little experience I have, I love this ukulele.

Top Bottom