NUD : Rebel Quark

buganeal

Reaction score
Got the Missus a new uke!! .... or at least that is what I told her... Wow, 1st thing that caught my attention is that this uke is LOUD ( double puka maybe?) .... takes next to no effort getting her from a whisper to an all out growl, dynamics are easy to control too. Beautiful tone as well. Goes to show that there are great luthiers all over the world.

Fit and finish for the most part are really nice except for a multitude of tiny bubbles(?) under the finish along the edges and heel. Not sure if its a factory thing or it happened somewhere down the line. Tried to polish them off to no avail as they are under the finish... feels smooth to the touch but the bubbles(?) can be seen.

None the less, this is a lot of uke for the money. Lots of nice design features, quality materials and great sounding too.

Many Thanks to Zach (HMS) for the speedy delivery. Every time I receive an email with a tracking link, a box filled with Aloha spirit is on its way!

Rebel .jpgrebel 4.jpgrebel 3.jpgRebel 1.jpgrebel 2.jpg

Congrats! Rebel makes some great and unique ukes.

Whoa! They shoulda called that the Rebel Quirk. :p I like it! :cool:

Congratulations, they always come up with unique designs, and this one looks particularly yummy!

Congratulations. I must admit I've been tempted. I like the look and sound. So many to choose from when they come up. I was looking at offset sound hole NEO with multiple sound port holes then some lucky person scoooped the one I liked. I just like spruce and want a Rosewood back/sides. Quality looks great. I'm sure if I had walked into HMS (been there 3xs) and it was there, id have been a goner! (G). Enjoy!

Holy cow, what a honey! Congrats!

Love the soundholes. Yet another uke brand I've never heard of. This place is educational.

Very nice. I have 2 rebels, and I love mine. They are a great bargain imho.

Holy cow! What a neat looking uke, is it custom? Congrats!

Aloha Spookelele,

Which Rebel models do you own? I have a Rebel Circle of Fifths slothead tenor that is just awesome!!!:shaka:

I have the ribbon hog from 2 namm ago, and an alchemist. Lovely tones. I've been very happy with them.

I have the ribbon hog from 2 namm ago, and an alchemist. Lovely tones. I've been very happy with them.

The Alchemist is a really nice and ukenique. Never had the chance to hear one in person thou.. but the design aspect is really a visual treat.

The Alchemist is a really nice and ukenique. Never had the chance to hear one in person thou.. but the design aspect is really a visual treat.

I love mine. Fairly loud, and the multi ports fire up great. It's a treat to play.

Got the Missus a new uke!! .... or at least that is what I told her... Wow, 1st thing that caught my attention is that this uke is LOUD ( double puka maybe?) .... takes next to no effort getting her from a whisper to an all out growl, dynamics are easy to control too. Beautiful tone as well. Goes to show that there are great luthiers all over the world.

Fit and finish for the most part are really nice except for a multitude of tiny bubbles(?) under the finish along the edges and heel. Not sure if its a factory thing or it happened somewhere down the line. Tried to polish them off to no avail as they are under the finish... feels smooth to the touch but the bubbles(?) can be seen.

None the less, this is a lot of uke for the money. Lots of nice design features, quality materials and great sounding too.

Many Thanks to Zach (HMS) for the speedy delivery. Every time I receive an email with a tracking link, a box filled with Aloha spirit is on its way!

View attachment 97737View attachment 97738View attachment 97739View attachment 97740View attachment 97741
Hi Neal: I've been on the hunt for a Quark. Let me know if you'd be interested in selling. Thanks!

Todd

Top Bottom