NUD - Takumi Honduran Mahogany

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
I posted in a few other threads about the Takumi Honduran mahogany concert that won my heart at NAMM. It arrived yesterday and I could not be more pleased. The craftsmanship is flawless and the tone is really spectacular with complex overtones.

The wood on this uke is lovely. The back has a definite arch to its shape and the lower bout is a bit larger than normal, but not disproportionately so.

Pics below, as well as a sound sample of Corey playing this exact instrument.

I'm impressed by the takumis. The headstock and neck profile looks unbelievable. Looks like ebony finger board

I'm impressed by the takumis. The headstock and neck profile looks unbelievable. Looks like ebony finger board

Yes, ebony fretboard. I was really impressed when I played a koa one at The Ukulele Site in November and am thrilled to add one to my stable. These are an unbelievable value, in my opinion.

Congrats! What a sweet looking Takumi you have. I'm sure it sounds splendid!

Congratulations Eddie. This is a fabulousninsreument. Enjoy.

Haha I believe he's using a Samsung phone. It does that crap all the time. Meaningless word replacements and even numbers you type in sometimes get altered to a completely different set of random numbers for no apparent reason. Sometimes frustrating enough makes me want to snap my phone in half. Those dumb Koreans. (I'm korean)

Congrats Eddie,

It's got classic styling good looks and an amazingly clear and crisp sound for a mahogany uke.
Good addition to your ukes.

Congrats Eddie,
Looks great and sounds great! Enjoy and keep on uke'in.

Wow that's a beauty! Congrats

Congratulations Eddie! Looks very nice, unbelieveable sound, so defined and clear.

I saw video of Corey and thought this is one of best sounding concerts I've heard. Congratulations on a great sounding and looking uke. These are a great value.

Congrats Eddie, that's awesome! I really appreciate you were able to visit NAMM and try and pick out the one that spoke to you most. How cool is that. It's my goal to do something like that in the future.

Takumi is very intriguing. I love mahogany. And I like Japanese products like watches

Oh envy! I even like Clover/Takumi knitting needles, though I doubt there's any relation. Beautiful uke.

Congratulations! What a beauty. It looks like it just oozes quality! I don't know anyone who has one, why don't the Japanese have more skin in the ukulele game?

Top Bottom