• 9-16

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • >16

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters

UkingViking

Reaction score
Hi,

We had so many of those threads lately, but none with a poll. So here is one :)

I chose to let the numbers grow exponentially, as I assume an ukulele collection does...

Edit:
It was supposed to say 1, 2-4, 5-9, 10-16, >16.
Some numbers appear double, sorry.

Last edited:
In my first year I went through 16, then culled them down to 4, in the last few months I've gone up to 7, but I'm up to 14 bass ukes/mini electric basses. See my signature.

The answer is simple. The correct number of ukuleles to own is n+1. (n being the number you own now).

We are all enablers here.

Anthony

Five, soon to be six. But I built half of them myself, so perhaps that doesnt count :D?
I had another tenor as well but I gave it away to a starting young musician in Canada. My uke-wall will be full with 6 ukes, but then again, I have more walls.

Six, counting the one I just made from a 1x2 and a cookie tin. It's done, I just need to put a 4th string on in.

Baritone: Harmony, Chicago
Tenor: Made by a local luthier/friend
Soprano:
-Excel
-Harmony, China
Banjo uke: No manufacturer's name on it, but it's old and it sounds GREAT!

Wow, the "4-9" category quickly overtook the "2-4" crowd. Did everyone rush out and buy some?

I'd like to get to two. I have four and plan to get an 8 string. If I do, at least one of my current ones will go.

I'd like to get to two. I have four....
I wish I could too. But the few ukes I have all have differing characteristics about them I like, which is hard for me to let go. Anything redundant I can more readily let go. I wish I can combine some of the characteristics into one uke (the ziricote striping on kala zcts, the 19 frets on loprinzi, and the solid old world construction on teton ) :)

I have 8 factory made ukes and 12 homemade.
My first acquisition was a $20 Hilo that despite my best efforts I haven't been able to give it away.
I've tried 5 time and like a boomerang it always comes back.

I was happy with three for a while. I had the good, the bad, and the pretty. Lately things have gotten a bit out of hand. I'm up to 7. I think if I went down to 5 that would be good. I don't want two of my current herd. I too don't usually excel at redundancy. I guess with ukes, they're not redundant because they all have their own flavor and purpose. I'd like to return to being happy with three again, oh and maybe plus one:confused:

I wanted to update my profile signature but whenever I open it I get HTML and can't seem to find how to switch to wysiwyg. Maybe it's a sign that I should only have four :)

A while back on a thread like this I realized I had completely forgotten about two ukes.

I wish I could too. But the few ukes I have all have differing characteristics about them I like, which is hard for me to let go. Anything redundant I can more readily let go. I wish I can combine some of the characteristics into one uke (the ziricote striping on kala zcts, the 19 frets on loprinzi, and the solid old world construction on teton ) :)

I mean, you have a LoPrinzi. That's sweet man!

23. Would not ever sell any of them. Played them all last week. One is in disrepair...but the rest are played regularly. 12 of them made it to the seasons in one week.

The ones in the signature, and I'm happy with those. They cover my different needs. I would be hard pressed to give any of them up, but would also be happy with any of them if I decided to only have one.

My wife and I currently have 2 but the number will increase to 3 on Tuesday when she receives her customized concert Flea.

HELP! STOP ME! I currently have 9 (which includes 2 that I bought for our Group's 'loan ukes' for members - do they count?) and I now have 2 more Concert Kala Travel Ukes with pickup/preamps that are on the way to me & should arrive today or tomorrow! :D

So that now puts me in the 9-16 category, until I sell (maybe) the 2 x Kala Travel Ukes I already have that I added external KK pickups to - one of which has been 'thrashed' but still sounds & plays really well .... and the other one has Low G that I LOVE the sound of as it has a particularly large rounded back & excellent volume & tone!! LOL

I think I am addicted - I am calling them my early birthday present! This way, it is my husband that gets the surprise!! I just hope I am home when they arrive, so I can hide them from him!! Like my fishing gear - he never seems to notice when I 'add bits' to it! ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom