Changing Strings for the First Time

_Silly_Me_Sitting_Here_

Reaction score
Hey, guys,

I'm changing the strings on my tenor uke & I just got a set from Southcoastukes. The strings are in packages labeled 1 through 4, but I have no idea which direction they're supposed to go on the uke. Is #1 supposed to go on the top (closest to my head) or the bottom (furthest away from my head when I'm playing)?

Thanks for the help! :)

Hey, guys,

I'm changing the strings on my tenor uke & I just got a set from Southcoastukes. The strings are in packages labeled 1 through 4, but I have no idea which direction they're supposed to go on the uke. Is #1 supposed to go on the top (closest to my head) or the bottom (furthest away from my head when I'm playing)?

Thanks for the help! :)

#1 Goes furthest away from your head when you're playing. And then just count up from there.

In standard (C6) tuning G, C, E, and A are numbered 4, 3, 2, and 1 respectively. So, #1 is closest to the floor when you are playing. You should also be able to deduce the order by string thickness.

The first time is always the worst. I have been a musician for 50 years and didn't start with ukulele until I was 45. It took me an hour the first time.

The first time is always the worst. I have been a musician for 50 years and didn't start with ukulele until I was 45. It took me an hour the first time.

Yeah... It took me a good minute. I had to watch a couple of different YouTube videos. But, I got it!!!! Wooooooot!!!! I feel very accomplished. :)

Top Bottom