Wanna buy some abalone shell?

plastuku

Reaction score
Inherited from my dad's old junk collections. I have two whole large shell halves with a beautiful kind of bubbly pattern in the bottom. Also, maybe a double handful of shell fragments (I have to get those in from the workshop to check).

I also have some pieces of deer antler, and some chunks of a particularly beautiful tangerine stone (alabaster, I believe) which is somewhat translucent.

Let me know what you're interested in.

Can you post some pictures of the back of the shells? If they have lots of small holes (have been attacked by boring sponges, very common) they are not worth much for inlay.

Can you post some pictures of the back of the shells? If they have lots of small holes (have been attacked by boring sponges, very common) they are not worth much for inlay.
Sorry, I need to do that ... also gather and photograph the other assorted stuff I can offer. I'll try to get to it soon. Stay tuned.

One of the abalone shells has some shiny stuff like varnish on the outside of it, like it was intended to be used for an ashtray or something (who knows). I didn't see any holes in either one except for the ones at the edge that grow naturally, but I'll post pics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom