Yamaha MG10XU mixer question

Ramille

Reaction score
Hi,
I never had to worry about electronics before, but our Uke group needs amplification sometimes. I bought a Yamaha MG10XU mixer and don't know what I am doing wrong. All the mic channels work and all but 2 of the line channels as well, but when I plug into channels 5 or 7 I am not getting volume. Is anyone familiar with the MG10? I wasn't plugging in multiples, just testing one channel at a time. Mainly there will be 3 mics and 3 ukes, so no problem, but I want to troubleshoot while under a 30 day return policy (and who knows? someday we may expand to more players). MANY, MANY THANKS for any ideas.

Hi again,
I am such a dummy. I got a call from Yamaha, and it seems the reason my 5 and 7 didn't work was because I was NOT using a stereo output (5 & 7 are Left). My problem is solved! except for the stupidity part:)

Last edited:
Yamaha has humans that call back for tech support? Good for them! Glad you got it squared away on your own.

Are you using one output or two? If you're using one output then the ch. 5 and 7 could be panned to the other output. To trouble shoot, unplug the, single output you're using and plug in the the other output and then try 5 and 7. Since those are the stereo channels, they may default to hard left and right panning.

If that fixes the problem, then pan those stereo channels to the output you're using to send to your powered speaker or poweramp.

Also, did you just try plugging headphones in and trying Ch. 5 and 7? That should help trouble shooting.

Tim

Top Bottom