Uke Minutes 44 - Hammer-On Chords

Man that strum pattern alone is gold.
Chunking on 2nd and 4th beats is great.

Im a little confused about the timing though.

Its D UX UUDXUD

The first upstroke is just before the chunk. But then the next upstroke im not sure if its before the 3rd beat or is UUD a triplet.

this is exactly what i was talking about in this thread that no one understood haha....thank you so muchhhh

At what point does Aldrine run out of techniques? LOL

Man that strum pattern alone is gold.
Chunking on 2nd and 4th beats is great.

Im a little confused about the timing though.

Its D UX UUDXUD

The first upstroke is just before the chunk. But then the next upstroke im not sure if its before the 3rd beat or is UUD a triplet.
You're not the only one who's confused...I've slowed it down and looked at it in a sound editor and I still can't figure it out. Aldrine, can we get another Uke Minute breaking down this pattern?!

Haha, wow! This is the most discussion we've got about a Uke Minute in awhile! Here's a breakdown of the strumming pattern:

There are 4 main beats, but if you break down each beat into four segments the strumming would go something like this -

Code:
[B]1[/B] 2 3 4 [B]2[/B] 2 3 4 [B]3[/B] 2 3 4 [B]4[/B] 2 3 4
D     U X     U   U D   X U D

It might be a little hard to see but the four main beats are in bold. So you can see that there is no strum on the 3 beat, but the up strums land just before and just after it.

Hope this makes sense! Let us know!

Haha, wow! This is the most discussion we've got about a Uke Minute in awhile! Here's a breakdown of the strumming pattern:

There are 4 main beats, but if you break down each beat into four segments the strumming would go something like this -

Code:
D     U X     U   U D   X U D

It might be a little hard to see but the four main beats are in bold. So you can see that there is no strum on the 3 beat, but the up strums land just before and just after it.

Hope this makes sense! Let us know!
That helps a lot, thanks (although it's still hard for me to get down). So during the chord progression you essentially have this then (where "H" is the hammer-on chord and "O" is the switch to the open Am7)?

Code:
D H   U X     U   U D   X U D O

Last edited:
Cool! This minute helped me a little in the song I am learning. The song requires me to hammer on the 2nd string 6th fret and the 4 string 7th fret will barreing the 5 fret.

IT IS KILLIN MY HAND TO DO THIS!!!:mad:

Oh the song is Long Train Runnin'.

cpatch
After the chunk in beat 4, you unfret for open am7.
So the U D are played on am7 already.

anaka
Seems you nailed it with.
1 2 3 4 2 2 3 4 3 2 3 4 4 2 3 4
D U X U U D X U D

I have been practicing myself. I was doing this:
1 2 3 4 2 2 3 4 3 2 3 4 4 2 3 4
D U X U U D X U D

It sounds good too. I think whats important is that you on chunk on 2nd and 4th beats. then open up for am7. Any variation of this should sound alrite.

I have found that this is a really good example of how it is sometimes more important to listen rather than follow the duxuu etc...by really hearing it and letting myself 'rock out' (!) somewhat, I was able to nail it. 'Just feel the force Uke'!!!

Top Bottom