Lamination, It's not just for wood!

JackLuis

Reaction score
I am fortunate that my next door neighbor has a lamination machine for 8 1/2" x11" paper. With it we have laminated several chord sheets and other reference data sheets so that they are durable and easy to keep handy for reference. We down loaded 128 chords diagrams for C6 tuned and Baritone Ukes, a Key Chord sheet which shows all eight chords in each key, Major and Minor. I'm sure there are other things that people would find useful too.

I don't know, but feel sure you can have stuff laminated between two plastic sheets at Kinko's or other print shops for not much money. If I were doing it again I'd put the C tuning and G tuning chord charts back to back and have them laminated together, or a Chord Chart and the Key Chord chart back to back.

Having the plastic charts make them durable, easy to find in a stack of music sheets, and easy to wipe off if you spill your drink, or get mustard from your hot dogs on them.;)

I think it would be better to commit the chord shapes to memory.;)

Very true, Barrytone, about committing the chord shapes to memory, but when starting out (this is a Beginner's forum, after all) there are so many chords to learn (yes, I know that many are the same shapes just in different locations on the neck) that it is very very helpful to have chord sheets to refer to. And having them laminated is a great idea, JackLuis! I often put such sheets into a transparent page protector and use clear packing tape to seal the top so that nothing spills into them. But lamination is a much better solution! Thanks for sharing that idea!

Quick Barrytone, show me Dbadd9! :p

Some chords you will never need and some chords you will memorize after playing them 100 times. Starting out you need a chord chart to find them the first 99 times!

In my big binder of songs I keep the sheet music in those plastic sheet protectors, but it would be cool to make some quick-reference charts in actual lamination.

Top Bottom