Incoming Covered Bridge!

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
OMG, Jim, that's great. It looks so much like our Tiny Tenor, if it sounds as good, you're gonna love it! Congratulations!

Very, very nice Jim. I'm sure that you will love it. Gorgeous wood set.

Nice. Can't wait to hear more when you get it!

Very, very nice Jim. I'm sure that you will love it. Gorgeous wood set.
Thanks. It's Claro walnut and Port Ordord Cedar. From videos, I love the sound that CB gets out of myrtle/WRC but that's what my Ono bari is. I asked for something in the same tonal territory but a bit different look and Perry suggested this. Good call. Can't wait to hear it.

WHOA.........stop the car!!!!!

Jim that is one beautiful looking instrument, I love your wood choice. The pineapple concert body with a tenor neck is something I am REALLY interested and intrigued about. It should give close to tenor tone and volume because the body shape and size and it will be a comfortable playing size. Well done.....very very well done

That is one fabulous looking pineapple, Jim! Congrats on an excellent choice, and good luck waiting! :)

I did specify the body and scale (and side port), but I can't take any credit on the wood choices. Once we had settled on Claro/POC, I told Perry to just pick the rest. I think he did all right. :p

Outstanding! Love the sound port and the wood choices as well as the tenor scale. Have a good time with it!

Congrats Jim. I've always admired Perry's and Terry's ukes. Had a custom tenor of theirs a few years back, that was a great uke.

Last edited:
It is refreshing to see a person of your caliber (and I mean that sincerely and respectfully) recognizing and appreciating the wonderful woods that are around us for both their beauty and their musical qualities. Perry and Terry are amazing builders. I noticed it has PEGHEDS for tuners to keep it light on the head, and strung through the body to transmit the sound with a small bridge and no messy knots on the outside. The curly maple binding certainly adds beauty. Are the edges rounded over rather than sharp L as on most instruments?

I've been following this build on their Facebook page, drooling at each step! CBs are great ukes and an amazing value! Congratulations! I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Very nice pictures indeed, you are a very fortunate new owner. Superb luthiery. Congratulations from Jim to Jim.

It is refreshing to see a person of your caliber (and I mean that sincerely and respectfully) recognizing and appreciating the wonderful woods that are around us for both their beauty and their musical qualities. Perry and Terry are amazing builders. I noticed it has PEGHEDS for tuners to keep it light on the head, and strung through the body to transmit the sound with a small bridge and no messy knots on the outside. The curly maple binding certainly adds beauty. Are the edges rounded over rather than sharp L as on most instruments?
Thanks. I've seen enough of their work online and testimonials to know I didn't need to sweat the details. The edges do look rounded. I'll let you know for sure when I get it.

That's one sweet looking pineapple, Jim! I'm sure it will sound great.

Congrats Jim. Great choice of wood. Really like the contrast and the maple binding with b/w/b purfling looks great. I'd be interested in you comments on POC top as it compares to spruce. Read some comments on POC compared to Redwood. If memory serves me, you also have a redwood keystone tenor but Irriguchi uses. Can't wait to hear sound sample and. NUD review. Thanks for posting. I'm jus discovering CBU.
Cheers

Sweet new Uke, Jim ... congratulations! Looking forward to hearing it.

Top Bottom