Covered Bridge Spruce Top Pineapple Tenor w/ L.R. Baggs pickup, Crossrock ABS case

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveY

Reaction score
Solid spruce top, solid mahogany back-and-sides, with a bright, clear, ringing sound. Worth Brown (high-g) strings.

I’m selling because I can’t quite get comfortable with the pineapple shape, and I’m simplifying my all-solid ukuleles to one each in high g and low G.

There are some minor, inevitable spruce scars on the top (two little dings, some strum marks), and some slight imperfections in the purfling.

The label dates the uke to February 2015; I purchased it (used) in November 2015. I had a luthier install the Baggs pickup, and bought the black & white Crossrock CRA800 case. I add foam to secure the uke in the tenor case, as I’ll do for shipping.

I have always kept the ukulele in the safe humidity range, and I’ll include two refreshed Herco humidifiers for the shipping trip and thereafter.

New today (after a wait for the build), this package would cost at least $950 ($700 uke + $160 pickup + $90 case). Your price is $590 (which includes CONUS shipping).

Attachments

• 20170127_132336-1.jpg
    20170127_132336-1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 20170127_135322.jpg
    20170127_135322.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 20170127_135328.jpg
    20170127_135328.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 20170127_135344.jpg
    20170127_135344.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 20170127_135357.jpg
    20170127_135357.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 79
Have you, or has anyone reading this, played this and a Tiny Tenor? I have a TT and was wondering how close to it it sounds, plays, and feels. Volume similar?

Also, I see you have a KoAloha tenor. I like thin necks. Is it similar in thickness and feel to the KoAloha?

Thanks.

Where were you three months ago? :p

That is a STEAL of a deal!

Have you, or has anyone reading this, played this and a Tiny Tenor? I have a TT and was wondering how close to it it sounds, plays, and feels. Volume similar?

Also, I see you have a KoAloha tenor. I like thin necks. Is it similar in thickness and feel to the KoAloha?

Thanks.

I haven't played a Tiny Tenor. But the Covered Bridge is, for me, as easy to play as the KoAloha (except for the pineapple body, which wasn't ideal for me). The CB neck is a little less thin, but still on the thinner side. The KoAloha stays the same thin-ness (depth) the entire length of the neck (to the body), while the CB thickens a bit, but it never affected my playing. I'll add two photos that I just took that compare the two. In the first photo, the CB is on the left; in the second photo, it's on the right.
20170219_144649 (1).jpg 20170219_144822 (1).jpg

Where were you three months ago? :p

That is a STEAL of a deal!

Ha! Three months ago I was going back-and-forth on whether to sell this uke. I just decided for sure last night.

It's never taken me that long to decide to sell, but once I got a concert Opio I felt that (for me) that served the same purpose as the high g Covered Bridge (even though they sound quite different, and are different sizes).

Covered Bridge makes wonderful uke's. If you are looking for one with a pickup this is a good deal especially with the hard shell case.

I haven't played a Tiny Tenor. But the Covered Bridge is, for me, as easy to play as the KoAloha (except for the pineapple body, which wasn't ideal for me). The CB neck is a little less thin, but still on the thinner side. The KoAloha stays the same thin-ness (depth) the entire length of the neck (to the body), while the CB thickens a bit, but it never affected my playing. I'll add two photos that I just took that compare the two. In the first photo, the CB is on the left; in the second photo, it's on the right.
View attachment 97974 View attachment 97975

Thanks for all the answers. It is appreciated. I see what you mean by the thin neck at top and it getting slighter thicker as it goes down the fretboard. Still thinking about this...

Thanks tenor madness (Sonny Rollins plays uke??) for the confirmation that Covered Bridge makes such fine instruments — and at such affordable costs that some people might think the ukes just couldn't be as good as they are. But those initial affordable costs is one reason the price for this package is so low.

I have a sound sample that I'll probably put up soon, even though it will expose my mediocre playing.

Is the nut width 1-3/8" or 1-1/2", I think I remember Covered Bridge being 1-1/2"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom