Nice Afternoon

Stagehand

Reaction score
I had a great afternoon.
Here in the northeast we just broke 60° this afternoon. It was clear and sunny with no wind. The temperature is going back down to a high of 40° tomorrow.
I set up a lawn chair in the driveway (better than 8" of snow in the yard).
The sun was strong enough to warm you slightly.
I played for 1½ hours in the glorious sunshine.
It was very fitting because I was working on both "What a wonderful world" and "Edelweiss".
We probably won't have another day like this for at least another month
Thanks, just had to share. 'Hope your day was as good as mine!

Sounds pretty perfect. Phew, I'm done with living on frozen Hoth planet. Grew up in Minnesota, lived in upstate NY for a few years...

Even in Oklahoma they get freezing temps,.occasional blizzards and frequent ice storms.

No thanks. At my age and condition, cold equals pain.

Today here in Florida's panhandle it was clear, 70s...I sat on a deck behind our hotel watching people frolic, the occasional dolphin sighting, flocks of pelicans, played uke and more uke, then went to the beach for the sunset with a bottle of merlot.

Not sure what I did to deserve it, but if it's a dream I hope I don't wake up.

I hope your Winter is over soon and you get to enjoy a lot more Sunday afternoons like the one you had today!

I had a great afternoon.
Here in the northeast we just broke 60° this afternoon. It was clear and sunny with no wind. The temperature is going back down to a high of 40° tomorrow.
It was very fitting because I was working on both "What a wonderful world" and "Edelweiss".

Yes, similar here in NJ, but everything is mud from the melted snow. Glad you could enjoy it :music:

Sounds pretty perfect. Phew, I'm done with living on frozen Hoth planet. ...

...No thanks. At my age and condition, cold equals pain.

Today here in Florida's panhandle it was clear, 70s...I sat on a deck behind our hotel watching people frolic, the occasional dolphin sighting, flocks of pelicans, played uke and more uke, then went to the beach for the sunset with a bottle of merlot.

Not sure what I did to deserve it, but if it's a dream I hope I don't wake up.
A dream indeed. I've not had a vacation in over ten years, and this sounds like a perfect day...rather than facing the Hoth weather here in NJ....

It's like Hoth in winter and Tatooine in the summer...either way makes me want to live in a deep cave like a hermit - at least I might have some good natural reverb in the cave - LOL.

You guys should mover to Orange County CA. Naboo weather all year almost.

You guys should mover to Orange County CA. Naboo weather all year almost.

New England weather is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
Every season has it's own charm and I love it here.

A dream indeed. I've not had a vacation in over ten years, and this sounds like a perfect day.

I feel for you. It has been 16 years for us. My wife wants to go to Hawaii, so here's hoping.

By the way...Do you realize how hard it is to type with an insistent cat sitting on your chest?

I had a great afternoon.

I know exactly what you mean. One feels sooo good when everything falls into place, and "it" all comes together. I've had a few good sessions lately myself, and they make all the boring, exasperating practice worthwhile.

I'm glad to hear about your nice afternoon, and I hope we both have many more. :cheers: :eek:ld:

New England weather is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
By the way...Do you realize how hard it is to type with an insistent cat sitting on your chest?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO know the joys of an insistent cat!

Glad some of you had a gorgeous Sunday afternoon yesterday. My Saturday was like that. Crocuses have started to bloom. What a beautiful little taste of Spring in the middle of winter.

We say in Dayton, Ohio: "If you don't like the weather, wait half an hour."

In Iowa I love the summer and early fall when I can just wander out on my front porch, sit down in a chair, and play my ukulele to my heart's content. In San Juan the weather is always nice, but living in a condo, it takes a little more effort to play outside. I really like playing on the beach, but the beach is a bit of a walk, and I don't always feel like gathering everything up to go there to play.

Top Bottom