NUD - Baton Rouge 6 string tenor

Tootler

Reaction score
I went away to a ukulele event this weekend and acquired this (see attached photo).

Baton Rouge are a small German company, originally guitar makers but they have a line of ukes as well. They source their instruments from China but maintain a strict quality control. As a result their instruments are good quality and great value for money.

I like the "Jangle" you get from the two extra strings. The double courses are tuned in octaves so the tuning is g cC E aA. the low A string gives a double re-entrant tuning which sounds really good.

It will get an outing on this week's seasons once I have chosen a suitable "night" song to play.

2017-02-19 21.44.30.jpg2017-02-19 21.43.51.jpg

Interesting. Like a Liliu setup. Curious to hear that as well.

She is a beaut Geoff. I reckon that any tune you choose will be worth the wait to hear her.

Definitely fuller sound from those two doubled strings! Very nice! Thank you for sharing.

Congratulations! Is it hard to play?

Congratulations! Is it hard to play?

No problems playing, the tuning is still basically GCEA, just that the C & A strings are octave doubled which gives a different sound but the chords are still those you are used to and it's tenor scale so basically you are just playing a tenor. It's probably better strummed as finger picking those double strings might take a bit of getting used to. I've not really tried finger picking yet. I think my baritone is better for that anyway. Tuning needs you to be more precise on the doubled strings but again not a major problem.

Top Bottom