My first tune

Ukerz

Reaction score
So Its been been about 3 weeks since I first bought my Ukulele, my first and only instrument. I've been practicing quite a bit, learning to play dozens of songs.

This one is a bit simplistic and short, kind of a nostalgic type of tune. Just came up with it out of nowhere. Even though it's simple, I find it very relaxing to play. I couldn't stop playing it over and over. There's a really nice resonance going on with the 3rd string. The strum is just a simple down pattern times 8 for each note.

I call this tune "morning rays". That's basically what I was seeing when I came up with, a beautiful morning with that kind of atmospheric haze, with light rays shining in through the blinds on the wall.

The recording is by no means perfect, especially since I was recording near my PC and needed to adjust things to keep the background noise down. There's also clearly imperfections in the song and transitions, I didn't want to spend all day trying to record it until I got everything down perfect, but still I hope people enjoy it.

No vocals, just instrumental. Played on my Kala Pacific Walnut Tenor.

Last edited:
Nice work Ukerz! This sounds really good after only 3 weeks of practice. And it takes a lot of guts to put your music on the web for all to hear.
You are playing the same ukulele we chose for my neighbor as his first instrument.

David

So I made another recording, this time with almost no imperfections in how it's played, and also run through some editing filters. There's a few less notes played, but it's basically the same core notes.

What do you guys think? Which sounds better? There's one that's edited and one that is just the raw recording.

Last edited:
So I decided to make a quick little visual tutorial on how to play my simple song yourselves. Enjoy! I couldn't find any strum patterns that sound well, other than a constant down pattern of 8. It's basically to sustain the tone of each note and keep things sounding constant.

So to recap, a fast to medium pace of 8 strums per note, with zero delay between notes. The number on the side of the chart is how many times each set of notes are played until you move to the next row.

MlqzTQV.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom