PDA

View Full Version : NUD: Flea concert

FinnP
02-20-2017, 04:39 AM
Hi
Just got my new amethyst Flea concert today :D
I guess all the rumors are true, -this is a very nice uke.
Action and intonation are spot on as it should be. It's hard to find Fleas in europe, but I managed to get this beauty.
It's strung with D'Addario strings, I wonder if anybody can tell me the name of the set used?

Bill Sheehan
02-20-2017, 04:54 AM
Hi Finn, I think those may be the D'Addario EJ88S Nyltech set. I have used those often, and they're very nice. I have more recently used Martin M-600's and had very good luck with them too. By the way, your concert Flea is a beauty!

OhioBelle
02-20-2017, 04:56 AM
They look like Aquila Nylgut, so perhaps D'Addario Nyltech strings? Hoping someone else can give you a definitive answer.

Enjoy your amethyst Flea! I have had my black soprano flea for less than a week and I agree with you. It is everything the reviews say. I have a lot of nice ukes, but none of them play as easily as this one.

hendulele
02-20-2017, 06:35 AM
Beautiful Flea! Yes, those probably are Nyltechs. I've used them and D'Addario Titaniums on my Fluke and (now sold) Flea. I'm using Aquila Reds for G, E, and A and an Aquila Lava C (the Red C broke). They seem to mesh the best with my Fluke, but your mileage may vary!

FinnP
02-20-2017, 10:49 AM
Thanks. They feel and sound like aquilas, so they probably nyltechs.

bikemech
02-20-2017, 04:51 PM
Congratulations Finn!

We also just took possession of a Flea, though this one is a soprano Surf. Yesterday we ordered a Honu turtle Flea with hardwood fretboard (my wife's first uke). It's two weeks out.

David

Jim Hanks
02-20-2017, 05:40 PM
Yesterday we ordered a Honu turtle Flea with hardwood fretboard
That's the one I'd want. But amethyst is ok too. :p

Camsuke
02-20-2017, 07:32 PM
Congratulations FinnP.

igorthebarbarian
02-20-2017, 08:50 PM
I had just emailed the nice folks at Magic Fluke a couple months ago with the same question:
"They are a D'Addario concert scale nyltech string. Made in cooperation with Aquila. Very popular."

Booksniffer
02-21-2017, 12:04 AM
I had just emailed the nice folks at Magic Fluke a couple months ago with the same question:
"They are a D'Addario concert scale nyltech string. Made in cooperation with Aquila. Very popular."

I came here to write the same thing. :)

Very nice strings; they work well on my Mango Mainland, too.

Congratulations on your new Flea!
It's a gorgeous one, I'm sure you'll have a great time with it.

Booli
02-21-2017, 04:46 AM
Congrats brother!

You may find the following thread helpful:

The Magic Fluke Company Appreciation thread
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?93637-The-Magic-Fluke-Company-Appreciation-thread