Late 40s/Early 50s Gretsch Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
PRICE REDUCED TO $ which includes shipping within CONUS.

I got this instrument from a friend of my wife several years ago. Her husband had passed away and she was selling things and this became available to me. Her husband had bought it new back in either the late 40s or early 50s and had not played it for years. I guess it sat in the closet for quite a while. Anyway, it had several cracks in the body that rendered it unsuitable to string up or play. I gave it to a friend of mine who repaired all of the cracks and converted the bridge to a "string through top" setup. While all of the cracks are now repaired, there remains one small crack below the bridge on the treble side at the bottom of the instrument that is still visible. I tried to take a photo of that one and it is below.

This instrument is now solid and stable. Setup is excellent as is the intonation up the neck. It plays very easy. No lack of volume here. I have included a sound sample video below.

This Gretsch is all solid mahogany. I upgraded the tuners to Gotoh UPTs.

I am asking $ for this instrument which will include a UkeCrazy hard foam zippered case, a small humidifier, and shipping within the CONUS. If you think this is too high, make me an offer. I'm trying to downsize.

I prefer and accept PayPal.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0711.jpgIMG_0713.jpgIMG_0715.jpgIMG_0714.jpgIMG_0716.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom