Going to maui

rattzey

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

Headin ti Maui at the end of June to see Eddie Vedder, man I can't wait.So just wondering what uke shops and other cool attrations to see also I am a scube diver so any help with this would be appreciated. On another topic I can't belive I am sitting here playing my uke and watching the snow fall.....June just seems so far away.

Aloha all

Ukulele shops:

Bounty Music in Kahu lui
Mele Ukulele in Wailuku

Scuba Diving Spots:
Molokini Island
Turtle Town
Mala Wharf
Honolua Bay
Lana'i Cathedrals

Check out Lahaina Divers: http://www.lahainadivers.com/

Things to do:

Sunrise on summit of Mt. Haleakala
Wine Tasting at Tedeschi Vineyards in Ulupalakua
Kula Lavender Farm
Maui Ocean Center
Drive to Hana (Start Early, all day)

Plenty more but not sure how much time you have. ;)

Check this thread: http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12077

Over on Kihei/Wailea side there is a dive off of one of the beaches close to big beach (not little beach) where there is a Sunken sherman tank sitting in about 60 feet of water. Sorry I can't remeber the name but it has been a long time since i lived there.

2nd the MELE store in Wailuku.

Also recommend a drive around West maui mountain. Not as long as Hana but just as pretty.

Check out "Lahaina Music" in the lahaina area. The owner is a guy by the name of Jason. Nice chap..........He as a fair selection of Ukes. Was looking at a Kamaka 6 string but decided to wait. Howie

LOL nice try, I'd love you all to see Ed but the MACC only holds 1000 people and it's sold out, you should have asked me sooner LOL

Thanks again Everybody
:shaka:

I just got back from Maui, and would second what everyone has posted. I go about every other year. The Lahina Music recommendation is also seconded, Jason the owner, also gives free lessons every Tuesday at 5:45 at the Lahina Cannery Mall. I attended and had a great time, they will even loan you a Ukulele to play.

If you are in Lahaina, I would also recommend a little store on Front St located in the Pioneer Inn called Kula Gold. I bought my Tangi there last year. Mike, the owner is fantastic, great to talk with and has a good selection including a concert pineapple sundae. I would have loved to have bought that but I couldn't swing the cost...

Cheryl and Eva at Mele are another great resouce. They are friendly, knowledgable and friendly, that's where I bought my latest UAS...

Thanks for the Lahaina info. My wife loves Front street and the hotel we stay at has a free shuttle to Lahaina. So I can drink a little while the wife shops. Beer plus uke store equals new uke.

HAHAAAAhhh

Thats how I bought my first uke as well hahaha!!!! I hope the day of the Ed show there will be a few lava flows comin my wifes way and maybe a new Pono Mango will come my way hahah

Cheers

One warning about Front St, they have a small Ukulele store tucked away on Front St, near and Papalaua. She can be rather ascertive, which is fine but be sure to look over the instruments carefully. They are off brands and I notice a couple of them had twisted necks... If you make it to Kula Gold down at the Pioneer Inn tell him John said Hi, I bought my Mango Tangi Tenor from him....

On a different note, I'll be driving past your far city in a couple of weeks. I go to www.wonderfest.com most years and drive down 65 to get to Louisville. I'll wave as I drive past your exit.....

Top Bottom