Two Uke Club Gigs

BluesPreacher

Reaction score
So, I joined up with a local uke club--I've told you guys about it before--and it turns out that we're a REALLY active bunch!

We have two gigs on two successive nights:
-Tonight: We were going to have just a rehearsal for tomorrow night's gig and a jam, but we've been asked at the last minute to play for a function at a church. We rehearse first, then the gig.
-Tomorrow night: We are playing along with a local high school band at their winter concert, then for a few minutes during a transition between band and choir. The band teacher--a uke club member--has the band playing a piece called "Spirit of Aloha", which has a section in which a uke band plays along. Really cool!

So--fun stuff!

Yep, being in a group playing gigs is a very gratifying experience. I'm with The CC Strummers and we can have as many as 60 playing at a gig. How many do you have?

Yep, being in a group playing gigs is a very gratifying experience. I'm with The CC Strummers and we can have as many as 60 playing at a gig. How many do you have?

The first gig there were, oh, about 10 of us. Tonight? I'm not sure--maybe 8 or so. Same tomorrow night. 60 would be amazing!

So, we did our gig last night. It was a GAS! It was for a meeting at the parish hall of a Catholic church, a group that calls itself SPEC, which I think stands for Special People Encounter Christ. They totally dug us! They were singing along, dancing, flirting--it was FUN! Tonight, gig #2 with the high school band.

Gig #2--second gig in two days!

Went, well, OK. We played about 15 min. of songs while they tore down the chorus setup and set up for the band. That went really well. LOTS of fun--mostly vintage rock 'n' roll tunes.

Then there was the piece we played with the band: "Spirit of Aloha". The conductor/teacher didn't really give us all that great of a cue, so we came in late, but we caught up and the rest went OK.

Next: Club meeting/jam on 3/4.

Top Bottom