nud: Kalafragilistic

Debussychopin

Reaction score
I am compelled to do a nud on a soprano I received today!

Brand new Kala zct-s

I have been looking for the right figuring on this one since have seen this model few months ago. I just had to have this one!

It is everything I hoped for in person, it is all laminate, yes, but an absolute stunner! I can't capture the pics in a way where it shows the actual luscious depth of look on this one. In my humble opinion, this is up there in looks, I have seen a few Koa ukes, but still. My humble opinion.

The sound is absolutely beautiful. For a laminate soprano it has more depth of sound than the islander I have. Intonation, perfect all the way down. String height, good enough for me. And I wasn't getting this for sound but more just for looks.
Absolutely meticulously made in fit and finish and no blemish anywhere! And that is rare for me. Even my loprinzi when it was new came with a few imperfections.

I absolutely urge you all to get one!!
This is absolute eye candy !!

Last edited:
Having problems uploading pics for some reason. It keeps erroring out.

I'll just use pic hosting site :

o1u6r.jpg

wbb3o7.jpg

102sah1.jpg

rsztjo.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful

I was considering getting the tenor version of this. (KA-ZCT-T)

the wood is so beautiful that it looks fake.

Wow, beautiful! It sounds like you're enjoying it both for the looks and playing it, which makes it a great one.

Thanks! I've noticed however the uke is a bit headstock heavy.
Ziricote has naturally a really distinct figured look check out some classical guitars made from it, it is really too beautiful sometimes it does look fake

The stripe down the front looks cool. Does it make it go faster?

That is just stunning! Zizicote makes me drool, too! Where did you buy this one?

Can you play Clair de Lune or a Polonaise on it?

I bought it on reverb penny lane brick and mortar.
I am learning Clair de lune on uke , it is one of my favorite pieces. It sounds sweet on uke. Not mesmerizing like on piano.

Zowie, that's a looker! Imperfections are what make some ukes kinda special, as long as they don't affect the playability and sound.
Congrats!

The Kala Ziricote is a gorgeous instrument...and it is on my list. (That list includes a Mainland Cedar, Opio Spruce, Regular or Black Label KoAloha, KoAlana (for school), and the Ziricote).

Our local music store has these in stock. The sound of the Ziricote is pretty typical for a Kala laminate--and I would throw Martin 620 fluorocarbons on it (I would buy the tenor). But this is a ukulele you would buy just to look at, even if it didn't play.

The Kala Ziricote is a gorgeous instrument...and it is on my list. (That list includes a Mainland Cedar, Opio Spruce, Regular or Black Label KoAloha, KoAlana (for school), and the Ziricote).

Our local music store has these in stock. The sound of the Ziricote is pretty typical for a Kala laminate--and I would throw Martin 620 fluorocarbons on it (I would buy the tenor). But this is a ukulele you would buy just to look at, even if it didn't play.

Absolutely. I would say this can be considered a wall hanger (bad connotation for ukers) in the sense of art and furniture! I may end up doing just that since it is a laminate.

The mainland cedars are actually way more stunning in a more pure uke way and sounds very lovely.

Top Bottom