PDA

View Full Version : Have young kids? Ukulele Haley

Choirguy
02-22-2017, 04:32 PM
Hello, everyone!

Our Wisconsin public library allows us to order materials from any other library in the system, so I ordered a bunch of books and CDs on the ukulele.

One of those books was "Ukulele Haley" by Judy Cox. It is a short book (82 Pages) telling the story of a 3rd grade student who encounters a love for the ukulele and ends up impacting her entire community.

It is an uplifting little book, and it captures the essence of what ukulele is, and even drifts into a little bit of technique (the author clearly plays the ukulele).

If you are a parent with younger kids (or a grandparent), this would be a great book for you to share with them--it will help your kids why you have this strange passion for this instrument--and may even cause a few kids to consider ukulele themselves!

There is a Kindle version (I could add a referral link, but I will not) and you can buy used copies for $5 on Amazon. I already bought the Kindle version for my own boys.

I did a search before posting, and no one has mentioned this book--so it seemed right to bring it to the attention of UU.

OhioBelle
02-23-2017, 01:09 AM
Thanks, Choirguy! I am totally buying this for my niece with the new Makala Dolphin!

Griffis
02-23-2017, 02:18 AM
This is cool, and thanks for sharing! I am a librarian though I'm not working in that capacity any more.

I wish I'd known about this last year when I was still ordering materials for libraries and doing children's programs!

WCBarnes
03-07-2017, 06:26 PM
My daughter and I just finished reading it. Great story! Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Estudiante
03-09-2017, 03:45 AM
Thanks for sharing this, ChoirGuy. Our 8- and 11-year-olds take uke lessons.

Steedy
03-09-2017, 05:27 AM
Thanks, I just put it on hold at my local library! :cool: