big island spot super glue help?

FinnP

Reaction score
Hi
I bought a K&K big island spot for my Islander AC4.
Now I can see that pickup is pre fitted with double sided tape for installation, but I would like to use super glue gel to prevent it from falling off. What now? Do I remove the tape with a razor blade and apply the glue . I suppose it's not safe to apply the super glue on top of the tape?
Any suggestions?

I would call or e-mail the folks at K&K.
I haven't done an install on one of their pickups in a long while, but when I did it didn't have double sided tape, so I just used standard super glue direct and it worked great.
I'm not sure about using a razor blade. I'd be afraid of going a little too far or slipping and damaging the pickup...Unless maybe you could just get the peeling started at the edge and go from there.
In theory, it seems like the super glue should work with the tape no problem...but I wouldn't want to say for sure and lead you in the wrong direction.

I would just use the tape, if it falls off, then you can do what you want...

Got this answer today from K&K:

"Generally we recommend the tape installation for this pickup. You can safely add the superglue to the tape for a more secure installation."

Before you do anything, there may be a good reason for using double stick tape onn a pick up.
I've found that the pick up becomes to sensitive when glued directly to the top.
The cushion of the tape may prevent you from amplifying every little tap and rub on the surface of your ukulele.

Top Bottom