Uke Syllabus for Beginners - Revision posted on internet

joramy

Reaction score
Last year I posted a Uke Syllabus for Beginners, subtitled
An Introduction to Basic Music Theory for the Ukulele.

www.lakesidepress.com/UkeSyllabus.pdf

I periodically revise it, and notify the UU Forum when there is a major update or addition.

I have just posted the latest revision. In addition to numerous minor changes, I have added a 20-question QUIZ at the beginning, and a new section at the end on 12-Bar Blues. As always, everything in the syllabus is aimed at the beginning player who wishes to better understand basic music theory as it applies to the Uke.

Happy strumming! Or picking; there's a section on fingerpicking as well.

Thank you! This is great. I have been looking for something like this.

Thanks for this - I have downloaded it and will have a look later, but from perusing it quickly it looks interesting!

Wow! Great resource! Thank you for sharing your hard work!

...and me! I remember reading somewhere that sometimes the number were written right-to-left, but I can't find the reference now.

I agree, it is confusing. Thanks for pointing this out. I've revised the questions, to make them much clearer. If you see anything else confusing, please let me know.

Larry

Wow! Thank you for your hard work :)

Thank you very much for this great resource! And for continuing to post new versions with your revisions -- this is a great service to the Uke community!

That is very thoughtful of you joramy. I really appreciate the work you put forth for us. Awesome!!

Thank you. Even though I'm no longer quite a beginner, I've been working through it and finding LOTS of stuff I need to know, or at least have explained to me. So even if you think you're past it, it's quite likely you'll find plenty of material you can use. It's so kind of you to keep working on this and giving to us for free.

Top Bottom