Pono price increase?

jzzlvr

Reaction score
Today on my usual tour of HMS website to satisfy UAS, I notice that many/most of the Pono line has gone up in prices. At least all the lower-end models (I know for sure the MC used to be 319 and is now 375), except for the AC which remains at the old price (for now!). A quick browse of Mim's shows the old price points but I wonder if that will change soon.

Anyone rushing to grab a Pono before the new prices hit other stores? Personally I've been drooling over the idea of a Pono tenor, but maybe not any time soon...

Everything is going up, except Social Security, we haven't had a cost of living increase in 2 years...:(

The price of used ukuleles continues to plummet.

Ouch, I guess you're right. I'd assume the lower prices are old stock (or they forgot to adjust it with certain models). I know prices for their guitars have gone up. Same goes for the Pro Classic line. Still a good value for what they offer, though.

:shaka:

Yeah, but an increase in Medicare took care of that $4...:p

We don't have those problems in Canada... Though the market for mid-level ukes and above is pretty much non-existent. Price hike and the exchange rate make nice ukes even more inaccessible to us :(

Sorry for the confusion but there was a mistake. Crystal was sent a new price list from Pono at the end of last week and changed the prices. But the prices reflected the next shipment where the satin models with rosewood were gonna have ebony and a price increase. So the base models are gonna go up, but not till the summer time. We'll change the prices back tomorrow and credit anyone that paid more over the weekend. All the other models are staying the same though. Thanks for the heads up :)

Sorry for the confusion but there was a mistake. Crystal was sent a new price list from Pono at the end of last week and changed the prices. But the prices reflected the next shipment where the satin models with rosewood were gonna have ebony and a price increase. So the base models are gonna go up, but not till the summer time. We'll change the prices back tomorrow and credit anyone that paid more over the weekend. All the other models are staying the same though. Thanks for the heads up :)

Oh cool! I knew my HMS site lurking was good for something :D
Got a preview of those upgraded base models? :drool:

Top Bottom