Nunes & Sons found in Thrift shop...

UkerDanno

Reaction score
This is in a local Thrift shop, it's not in very good shape, with some cracks and looks like the bridge has been glued with Elmers glue or something.

Is it worth anything? It's marked $250, but today is 50% off day...

IMG_20170227_150654037.jpgIMG_20170227_150700590.jpgIMG_20170227_150738555.jpgIMG_20170227_150750594.jpgIMG_20170227_150816521.jpg

grab it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $125 !!!!!!!!! Got it yet?

Holy moly! How cool is that? Grab it for the history alone!

Is it worth anything? It's marked $250, but today is 50% off day...

Worth anything? Sure. Today it is worth $125. :p

I'm sure Jake Wildwood could get it worth more than that but enough to turn a profit? I have no idea.

Worth anything? Sure. Today it is worth $125. :p

I'm sure Jake Wildwood could get it worth more than that but enough to turn a profit? I have no idea.

That is what I'm thinking. Professional restoration or any decent restore would cost at least 500 dollars no? Then you'll have to consign it as you can't sell high dollar uke privately on Craigslist or anything for decent amt no matter the uke since it is repaired.

But if to purchase just for yourself it is priceless.

Did you get it?

Did you get it?

No, I didn't get back over there...not really sure I want it, it's pretty ratty. I have a great old Martin. Might go back next Monday, it will be another 50% off day, if it's still there, well, maybe...

For investment, not sure if it is worth it. Here's a video of a guitar and Uke collector who has a nunes uke in great solid shape that he prices at $1000. Of course any serious buyer will seek to deal a bit.

https://youtu.be/WCcN9E804Go

I don't think a cracked ratty nunes is good for anything even for personal collection as it is just that, a ratty uke for hundred bucks at the end of the day.

Danno, if you aren't interested but would like to make a few bucks, I'm interested. I have been looking for a M. Nunes for about 6 years but working in mental health, I don't have the big bucks that the big collectors have so I've hoped to find one that needs work like this one. Let me know if you'd like to talk about it. -Ryan

Top Bottom