I've been discovered.

Rllink

Reaction score
I was sitting out the old San Juan fortifications that sit a few blocks from my home and I was playing my uke while I drank a rum and coke out there, and singing for the people walking by. So a fellow came along and asked me if I would mind if he took some pictures, and I told him to go ahead if he wanted. So when he was done he asked for my name and my email address. I got this today.

https://abdielcolberg.squarespace.com/osj/

Last edited:
At first, it took me to a guy feeding some pigeons...I eventually found you though Rollie :) great picture and uke looks great!

I got the pigeon guy too. Click on "Prev" and it should get you there.

Nice pic! !

I got the pigeon guy too. Click on "Prev" and it should get you there.

No offense, Rollie, but when I first saw this post I thought it said "Click on 'Perv'."

Good lordy. Those are all wonderful pictures.

Such beauty. I must now get my family there. Seriously...we have been talking southern Mexico or perhaps Central or South America in a semi-permanent capacity, but I believe we need to experience Puerto Rico as well.

I owe you a PM anyway...will have questions...

No offense, Rollie, but when I first saw this post I thought it said "Click on 'Perv'."
No offense to me, I didn't post that.

Good lordy. Those are all wonderful pictures.

Such beauty. I must now get my family there. Seriously...we have been talking southern Mexico or perhaps Central or South America in a semi-permanent capacity, but I believe we need to experience Puerto Rico as well.

I owe you a PM anyway...will have questions...
PM me anytime.

At first, it took me to a guy feeding some pigeons...I eventually found you though Rollie :) great picture and uke looks great!
Yep, you got to keep going. Can't just stop on the first page.

That's my old Makala concert. My first ukulele. As clear as the air looks, a lot of salt air comes over that wall, so I take the Makala out there. The tuners are starting to get pretty rusty over the last couple of years, but they still work. I steel wool the frets every once in a while and put some furniture rejuvenater that I got at the hardware store on the fretboard and it just keeps on keeping on. It is indestructible. I have a Mainland down here too, but it only gets to come out when I want to look fancy.

Last edited:
Cool. What an amazing backdrop you had to play in front of.

Just saw the "Feed the Birds, tuppence a bag" guy... hehe

But I eventually found you... cool!

Petey

looks like there are many street musicians. I like the pirate guy.
Old San Juan is packed with art, music, and history. There are some people who busk all day, do a gig later in the evening, then go back out on the streets after that. But there are a lot of musicians out every day, and they are a community of their own, which is really cool, and they are very inclusive. All anyone needs is a willingness to get out there and do it.

That looks like a beautiful place to play ukulele. You are inspiring sunshine and ocean envy. :iwant:

Top Bottom