Slotted headstock have wider neck?

Ikon

Reaction score
Does a Ukulele with slotted headstock have wider neck compare to a Ukulelee with Solid headstock?
What do you prefer and why?

Last edited:
It seems that most slotted head stocks have a thicker head, but the neck itself usually follows the norms of the manufacturer. There is a list of nut widths that is on a website and has been posted a number of times.

As I play my Opio and Pono, the Pono has a slotted head. Generally I prefer the Opio--mainly because of its rich sound and volume (teaching in a loud classroom). But the Pono also has a radius fretboard--and to be honest, I can't decide if I prefer that. But the only real challenge with the slotted head stick is that a clip-on tuner barely fits on it!

Does a Ukulele with slotted headstock have wider neck compare to a Ukulelee with Solid headstock?
What do you prefer and why?
no, they have a thicker head but are not necessarily wider. The only advantage to a slotted headstock is the angle of string break at the nut is steeper, which some think is better. And the look. I have no preference and have both types.

Top Bottom