Good deal for sheet music solution

greenie44

Big King Velour
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi UUers. I looked around for a long time to find a good solution for sheet music for my uke chord charts. I finally settled on MobileSheets, which really does it for me - stores charts, allows you to create setlists, scrolls the sheets in a flexible way.

I mention this because I recently got a refurb Kindle Fire with an 8.9" screen to use with MobileSheets, and it works out great. You can even get a cable to use any HDMI compatible display (most recent TVs have this) for anything on the Kindle.

And I bring this up today because woot.com has the same refurbished Kindle on sale for $55 today - smokin deal! That's for the version with 32 GB onboard storage. For another $15, you can go to 64 GB. And the screen resolution is terrific; even has decent speakers.

It seems like a pretty low cost solution, compared to loads of other tablets.

Thanks, I'm always interested in good music display solutions. Apparently the cat is too, because she's trying to get the ipad away from me to read it herself.

Yep, for me a tablet is the only way to go. When I joined The CC Strummers almost four years ago, I did as everyone else and used a large 3 ring binder for all the sheets our leader gave out, arranged alphabetically, plus a thinner binder for gigs with just the set list arranged in play order. Over the next few months as we accumulated more and more sheets, the binders became way too cumbersome. I decided to move everything to my iPad 9.7" using ForScore and OnSong.

I'm a graphic designer and actually taught our leader how to use a graphic design application on her Mac instead of the terribly cumbersome Microsoft Word to make up the sheets. She would then email me her music file and I would rework on my MacBook Pro for my iPad, but I found that the 9.7" was a little too small for me to read the sheets comfortably.

I got online and found a 13.3" Android tablet for $110 US with MobileSheets Pro and only use the tablet for my music. It wasn't worth spending over $700 for the iPad Pro 12.9" though I find the Android OS rather awkward.

I have been looking for a good program to use with my Surface Book. Does it work with scanned in music, or does the music need to come from an electronic source?

I have been looking for a good program to use with my Surface Book. Does it work with scanned in music, or does the music need to come from an electronic source?

I just load PDFs. From what I can gather about the app, it will work with any type of file, because it also lets you add sound samples and such.

I have an Asus Memo Pad FHD 10 which runs on Android. I use Songbook and I have been puzzling how to make it scroll.
There is so much to learn, i find saw dust making and fret sawing abalone and inlaying mother of pearl so much easier for my wee brain to comprehend. Gotta learn new stuff or the brain cells will freeze up. giggle.

Top Bottom