Starting up a ukulele club in a school

wonderwoman

Reaction score
Hello fellow ukers! I wondered if anyone has experience of setting up a ukulele club in a primary school in the UK? And if so if you could recommend a company to get public liability insurance with as the school have asked me to get this along with a DBS check,
Thanks in advance.

Good luck with your club, no idea about setting one up, but if you happen to be local to me, I have a couple of beginner ukes I could give you.
(I live just outside of Farnham, Surrey - PM me if interested.)

Could you ask the school what company others in similar situations have used?

And good for you starting a uke club - I did that for my kids school a few years back and it was a lot of fun and has continued on despite the fact that I'm no longer leading it.

Could you ask the school what company others in similar situations have used?

And good for you starting a uke club - I did that for my kids school a few years back and it was a lot of fun and has continued on despite the fact that I'm no longer leading it.
Original was posted in March, 2017. OP never made a subsequent post. Thread revived by a spammer.

Glad you started a successful one at your kids school.

I think a ukulele club at school is a nice thing to have.

See if you can get some teachers to sponsor your club. In my son's school, this avoids insurance and rent. Plus, you get the teacher as a helper.

Top Bottom