New builds

mikeyb2

Reaction score
I've recently completed 3 builds but suddenly I can't upload pictures to show them. Has something changed on the forum? When I try, it says file too large, but I've never had this before despite uploading large files. The system compressed them automatically or so I thought. I've uploaded photos many times and never resized or compressed them. Sorry for duplicating this thread, which I started on the Site Suggestions page, but I'm not having much luck on there. Does anyone know why?
Thanks Mike

Mike,
I don't think the UU system auto sizes your images as ebay or other sites do. Bring down the size and quality. Or I believe you can host the images on another site and link which tends to look better as you don't get the thumbnails.

Mike,
I don't think the UU system auto sizes your images as ebay or other sites do. Bring down the size and quality. Or I believe you can host the images on another site and link which tends to look better as you don't get the thumbnails.

Michael, thanks for your reply but I repeat as above, I have never before resized images before uploading to this forum,and some of my previous images uploaded are now showing as greatly reduced file sizes within my profile so something has happened, somehow. But now , similar size images are deemed to be too large to upload. What's different?

What are your file sizes? I usually upload picture files in the 250 t0 500 Kbt (kilobyte) size which are pretty big. A 500 kbt file is the same as a half a megabyte. My pictures however always appear as thumbnails... I will start a thread with pictures and see if I have the same problem.

What are your file sizes? I usually upload picture files in the 250 t0 500 Kbt (kilobyte) size which are pretty big. A 500 kbt file is the same as a half a megabyte. My pictures however always appear as thumbnails... I will start a thread with pictures and see if I have the same problem.

Generally over 5mb, but as I have said, this has never been a problem until now. I have now had to download a resizer program and reduce them to less than 100k, and as such now been able to upload my pictures to the new thread( builds 2,3 and 4 finally completed etc).

Top Bottom