PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Laughlin Soprano

Telperion
03-13-2017, 04:35 AM
Hello all. Just putting some feelers out to see if anyone has a Tim Laughlin soprano they are considering selling. I had owned a 3M in the past and it was really a great player. I'd would love to track down something similar again. I'm also open to other Laughlin models too. Just PM if interested. Thanks!

-Steve

RichM
03-13-2017, 04:54 AM
Elderly has a Laughlin 5K, if you're so inclined:

https://www.elderly.com/laughlin-5-k-soprano-ukulele-recent.htm

Telperion
03-13-2017, 04:58 AM
Thanks, Rich. That's a beauty for sure. Hoping to come in well south of that price, though!

RichM
03-13-2017, 05:04 AM
Soupking has often threatened to sell his Laughlin 3K. You should hit him up, maybe you can catch him on the right day! :)

Telperion
03-13-2017, 05:18 AM
Soupking has often threatened to sell his Laughlin 3K. You should hit him up, maybe you can catch him on the right day! :)

That's hilarious! I've heard of someone's spouse "threatening" to sell their ukes, but never someone threatening to sell their own!

Django
03-15-2017, 01:57 PM
Hello all. Just putting some feelers out to see if anyone has a Tim Laughlin soprano they are considering selling. I had owned a 3M in the past and it was really a great player. I'd would love to track down something similar again. I'm also open to other Laughlin models too. Just PM if interested. Thanks!

-Steve

If it's not too personal, why did you give up the Laughlin?

Telperion
03-15-2017, 02:41 PM
If it's not too personal, why did you give up the Laughlin?

No, not too personal. It was at the height of my UAS, and I was wanting to try everything out there. I sold it to help fund something else, which I'm sure I sold later to fund something else, and so on. By the end of 2015, I had tried dozens of different ukuleles of all styles, sizes, many high end builders, and many tonewood combinations, and felt pretty settled in my preferences. I reduced my collection down to just a few that I was really happy with. Then..... I got the rare opportunity to get a custom built Moore Bettah tenor, so I ended up selling my last ukes to help fund that.

Long story short, I'm now in a position to add a uke or two, and looking back over everything I've tried, the Laughlin was a standout. They're like getting in a time machine and going back to the 1920's, buying a new Martin, and bringing it back to today. I'm not really a soprano player, but Laughlins are great ukes and something I want in my collection.

Thanks for your question,

-Steve