WTB: Laughlin Soprano

Telperion

Reaction score
Hello all. Just putting some feelers out to see if anyone has a Tim Laughlin soprano they are considering selling. I had owned a 3M in the past and it was really a great player. I'd would love to track down something similar again. I'm also open to other Laughlin models too. Just PM if interested. Thanks!

-Steve

Thanks, Rich. That's a beauty for sure. Hoping to come in well south of that price, though!

Soupking has often threatened to sell his Laughlin 3K. You should hit him up, maybe you can catch him on the right day! :)

Soupking has often threatened to sell his Laughlin 3K. You should hit him up, maybe you can catch him on the right day! :)

That's hilarious! I've heard of someone's spouse "threatening" to sell their ukes, but never someone threatening to sell their own!

Hello all. Just putting some feelers out to see if anyone has a Tim Laughlin soprano they are considering selling. I had owned a 3M in the past and it was really a great player. I'd would love to track down something similar again. I'm also open to other Laughlin models too. Just PM if interested. Thanks!

-Steve

If it's not too personal, why did you give up the Laughlin?

If it's not too personal, why did you give up the Laughlin?

No, not too personal. It was at the height of my UAS, and I was wanting to try everything out there. I sold it to help fund something else, which I'm sure I sold later to fund something else, and so on. By the end of 2015, I had tried dozens of different ukuleles of all styles, sizes, many high end builders, and many tonewood combinations, and felt pretty settled in my preferences. I reduced my collection down to just a few that I was really happy with. Then..... I got the rare opportunity to get a custom built Moore Bettah tenor, so I ended up selling my last ukes to help fund that.

Long story short, I'm now in a position to add a uke or two, and looking back over everything I've tried, the Laughlin was a standout. They're like getting in a time machine and going back to the 1920's, buying a new Martin, and bringing it back to today. I'm not really a soprano player, but Laughlins are great ukes and something I want in my collection.

Thanks for your question,

-Steve

Top Bottom