MIC sticker

I take MIC stickers off everything and stick them to much more expensive things.

I have no second thoughts about my Chinese made ukes and keep the stickers, a couple of them are my best sounding ukes. I also have my customs made in Vietnam and they sound very good too. Location is not the issue, the individual builder is.

Yup, I removed those MIC stickers only because they look ugly, not because it is MIC. I also remove the MI USA stickers off my guitar's pick guard for the same reason. If the " Made in wherever" stamp was on the inside label, it would not bug me one bit.

Took mine off first thing, don't like stickers on stuff. I cut the tags off of pillows too! Bugs the hell out of me to see someone with the price sticker still on their golf clubs, WTH?! :shaka:

I usually leave the materials tag on in clothing or pillows bc if cut, the edges can be a little scratchy against the skin. Unless I can cut it off cleanly or pull it off without damaging the weave.

The made in China sticker I haven't removed those. Mine are shiny gold oval stickers and they don't look bad , actually makes the back of neck look good.

I remove the stickers as soon as I can because of the poor glue they typically use. Nothing worse on an otherwise fine instrument than an old sticker that has started to move around as the glue turns into a greasy smear. (I do the same with stickers on new cameras and books.)

Got a MIC (Made in China) uke? Did it have that little Made in China oval sticker on the back of the neck? I assume laws dictate that be applied. Did you leave yours, or remove it?
Were you thinking that it might be against the law to remove them?

Top Bottom