My first gig as a solo ukulele player!

Craig

Reaction score
I just got my first gig, as a solo ukulele player, on Mother's Day Eve. It's just a background lobby-like gig, which is perfect, since I haven't played live for at least 10 years. I think I'll use my Ko'olau CE3 with small Fender amp.

http://ukulelecraig.com/plays.html

Congrats................and many more..........Howie

congrats man! know what sort of length set you're playing yet? got any ideas of what you're gonna play? are you gonna be singing too?

Ho'omaika'i Greg! :shaka:

congrats man! know what sort of length set you're playing yet? got any ideas of what you're gonna play? are you gonna be singing too?
It's a background music-like gig, so I'll play mostly what's on my CD. Hopefully I'll sell one or two of them at the gig. As far as singing goes, that's what I do when I want to punish Cali!...:)

true. tell us what you end up playing!
so i know what songs are good for a large crowd.
Truthfully, the person who can answer your question about what works with a crowd is my wife, Cali. She plays over 250 gigs per year. Go to the members area and look her up: Cali Rose

Congrats! Have a fun time.
Thanks Sukie! Here in L.A., all of the open-mics have pretty much dried up or they (establishment owners) want you guarantee some sort of turn out. In other words, there's no real place to be bad and get your performance chops up. YouTube is now the open mic....:(

I just got my first gig, as a solo ukulele player, on Mother's Day Eve. It's just a background lobby-like gig, which is perfect, since I haven't played live for at least 10 years. I think I'll use my Ko'olau CE3 with small Fender amp.

http://ukulelecraig.com/plays.html

That's awesome!

CONGRATS! i hope to one day be good enough to be asked to play for a private party.

I know what you mean Choboy. I play at lots of private parties but i don't remember the last time anyone actually ASKED me to play at one.

Good job Craig. I'm sure it is the first of many. So when are you doing one in Phoenix?
Well...by the time I get to Phoenix....she'll be sleeping....[rim shot]. That was a Glen Campbell song in case you're too young to know...

Top Bottom