Ok, you got me

Ukecaster

Reaction score
It all started with that little Kamaka soprano I inherited, and got back from repair 2 weeks ago. Although it is very sweet sounding, I quickly knew that I also wanted to try a bigger uke...enter an Ohana TK-35G, delivered a week later, wow. Then, despite our blizzard today, with visions of summer fun on the beach, hiking, boating, a good deal on a cool little v1 Outdoor soprano beckoned, which should be coming later this week. 3 ukes in 3 weeks. Is there any hope for me? How much longer can this go on? :D

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 57
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 59
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 54
Ukes are very much likes Lays potato chips.......remember the old commercial " Bet you just cant have ONE"

There is no hope for you, but you are among friends who are inflicted with the same disease. Well done on the two additions, the Ohana looks to be a beauty.

Last edited:
despite our blizzard today

You guys got wacked.
On the coast we got maybe a shy foot but the rain beat it down to 7"ish.

Be careful with UAS...one becomes two. Two becomes several. Several become many.
It looks like you are on the way.:rolleyes:
Have fun with your Outdoor v1. I just befriended one that I kept in the car for a couple of years.
Just picked up a green OU tenor to replace it

Ha, not enough. I was also thinking...how big is my house? But with ukes, that really doesn't apply, they're tiny, and you can tuck them in everywhere!

Indeed you can!

Welcome. In the first year I played uke about 4 years ago, I went through 16, then culled them down to 4. Now I'm up to 7 and also added bass ukes and mini electric bass guitars, 13. My signature tells the whole story.

Last edited:
The suffering is real...

I have two currently, though I'll probably get rid of my Kala because my UAS would more accurately be written as UA$. I'm currently eyeing a Pono Mango Tenor, which I see OhioBelle may have some knowledge of...

... and I thought three in one year was bad ... next thing you know you'll be buying string sets by the case.

You still have a long road ahead of you. 4 sizes, alternate tunings, resonators, banjos, koa, mahogany, spruce, cedar, steel strings...
I though I'd slow my roll by building my own.
I just ended up with a new obsession.
43 homemade instruments later I still have ideas I can't wait to try.

Oh just wait. A bigger problem is going to come when you realize what a gem you've got in that little Kamaka but also have gotten used to the larger sized instruments. That's when it really starts getting expensive.
I took the Kamaka Factory tour a couple years ago and played the 8 string tenor they had on display. While I simply couldn't afford it (and still can't really justify the cost to have one made to the specs I'd want) it set me on a mission. After quite a bit of searching and researching, I settled on a Kala solid acacia 8. While its still not a Kamaka, at about 1/4 of the cost, it's still a beautiful, full sounding, great playing instrument, and a pretty reasonable hold over until that Kk becomes a reality.
Good luck with your own journey.

Top Bottom