Bari Sting Broke Inside Case

OhioBelle

Reaction score
Bummer! The awesome Guadalupe Custom DGBE strings are barely used. My Mainland bari has been mostly waiting out the winter inside its humidified case. When I opened the case for my weekly refilling/tuning/playing activities, I noticed the G string had popped.

Since the remaining 3 strings (presumably) have a lot of life left, I would like to only replace the G. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
thanks, jollyboy!/ So the .019 would work for the bari 3rd string? I wish I knew the diameter of the Guadalupes.

I suppose as long as I get something relatively close, it won't be too much of a disaster. As long as it's long enough for the bari scale, which is why I'm not looking at any of the wound low G single strings meant for ukulele.

thanks, jollyboy!/ So the .019 would work for the bari 3rd string? I wish I knew the diameter of the Guadalupes.

I suppose as long as I get something relatively close, it won't be too much of a disaster. As long as it's long enough for the bari scale, which is why I'm not looking at any of the wound low G single strings meant for ukulele.

Hi OB :)

The 0.019 wouldn't really be suitable - it would be way too floppy. As I say I use the 0.028 for 3rd, which I find to be ideal (some people use the 0.030). I think the page linked to resets the gauge option back to .0.019 automatically - but that's definitely not my recommendation :)

Also - keep in mind that different materials have different densities and that it's not just a question of matching gauges.

Thanks, jollyboy! That single classical string sounds like the ticket! I'll give it a try and see what I think. I do have an extra Guadalupe set in my stash, but I am not ready to bust into that complete set yet, since the rest of the strings on the bari are so new. If the single classical string doesn't work, I can always do that.

Top Bottom