Wiemer Adi Spruce / Milo Tenor on HMS

UkeInTW

Reaction score
Saw that the Adi Spruce/Milo Wiemer tenor sold on HMS. I sure was tempted by that one, but a bit too pricey and I have too many ukes already. Wonder if anyone on UU bought it. If so, hope we can hear a NUD review. Wow, just absolutely loved that deep unique tone on that uke. I guess I may have to give in one day and think about ordering a custom from Wiemer.

https://vimeo.com/202439193

That's a nice uke. I'd be curious to try something like that with a wider fret board just to see what it would feel like for finger stuff.

I initially thought the 1.5" nut width on the Wiemer would be too wide for me. But, then I measured the nut width on my I'iwi and found out it is 1.5". Oops. I do notice the I'iwi is a bit more of a stretch, and on some chords, when plucking the C string and having the G string fretted, the C string will touch my finger fretting the G string when plucked, unless fretted perfectly. So, probably optimal for me to be slightly narrower than 1.5". It is amazing that such a small difference is noticeable, versus some of my other ukes, like the Hive has a 1.375" nut width and noticebly smaller. But I guess if you are at the limit, then a little difference is noticeable. And there is a tradeoff having more space to cram many fingers on some chords, but probably for me less times that is an issue versus the stretch.

But, in any case I loved the tone of the Wiemer. So guitar like, which is my favorite. Still listen to that Vimeo recording often.

Top Bottom