spacebar does not always work???

strumsilly

Reaction score
anyone else having an issue with the spacebar on your keyboard not working on the forum. I'm on a samsung chromebook, but I don't think it's hardware related, have the same issue with a plugged in keyboard too?

I haven't noticed that particular issue, but I am having some odd things happen like being unable to see all of my text when I try to edit a post..No change on my part. Another user mentioned to me that they had some sort of issues too. I'm not sure exactly what, as it was mentioned in passing.

Hm. I can't seem to edit posts at all now.
Also, I've noticed I can't view pics when I click on them anymore either. It goes to a darkened screen and basically freezes up. Interesting.
I'm using whatever the latest version of Internet Explorer is....and yeah, I know some of you hate that browser but it has worked out for me mostly.

Yes I have. For a while I was typing in a document editor and cutting and pasting. Only in my computer, though.
,not my phone.

I haven't had trouble with the space bar, but several times yesterday and today I've gotten an error message when I refresh the page, and all the posts on the treads show as unread. Other than that, things are great.

No problem with the spacebar, but I've noticed that the past few days, there have been threads missing when using the "What's New" function- which is basically all I use when on UU- to where new posts are spread really far apart making it seem like activity is way down-- it isn't, it's just that certain threads aren't showing. I've tracked certain things down, though, via the "Forum" section, however. It seems as though there's something going on 'round here :uhoh:

Happens to me pretty often on my iMac using Chrome. It's only the first word that gives me trouble, so I work around it by typing the first word, hitting return, then typing the rest.

Firstword
(return)
start typing normally and all is well.

I thought it was just my aging computer - good to know it's not!

Yes, specific to Chrome/Mac in my experience. If you enter a return, and the go back up it a line it clears it for me every time.

Just saw that @janeray1940 posted same. Dang, I always knew she was smart! ;-)

anyone else having an issue with the spacebar on your keyboard not working on the forum. I'm on a samsung chromebook, but I don't think it's hardware related, have the same issue with a plugged in keyboard too?

Some weird things are happening at the moment. I just made a posting in another area ... when I noticed a typo after submission and tried to edit it, only half the message was displayed!

If you've got the opportunity to try a different browser, it might make a difference. FWIW I'm using Window 10 and Internet Explorer :confused:

Minesworking perf ect ly . Neve r been sm oother.

Yes, specific to Chrome/Mac in my experience. If you enter a return, and the go back up it a line it clears it for me every time.

Just saw that @janeray1940 posted same. Dang, I always knew she was smart! ;-)
Not just Mac; I get the same behavior on a Chromebook if I do Reply With Quote. If I reply without quote, no problem. The above workaround works for me too.

Some weird things are happening at the moment. I just made a posting in another area ... when I noticed a typo after submission and tried to edit it, only half the message was displayed!

If you've got the opportunity to try a different browser, it might make a difference. FWIW I'm using Window 10 and Internet Explorer :confused:
That has happened to me too. I haven't changed computer, browsers, or anything else. It has only started happening very recently...never did before.

Right now I can't reply with quotes from my Android phone, it freezes up the entire browser.

No space bar issues, but now I can't download pics......get file too large response. Never an issue until the last couple of weeks.

Top Bottom