PDA

View Full Version : spacebar does not always work???

strumsilly
03-16-2017, 07:15 AM
anyone else having an issue with the spacebar on your keyboard not working on the forum. I'm on a samsung chromebook, but I don't think it's hardware related, have the same issue with a plugged in keyboard too?

Ukecaster
03-16-2017, 09:50 AM
anyone else having an issue with the spacebar on your keyboard not working on the forum. I'm on a samsung chromebook, but I don't think it's hardware related, have the same issue with a plugged in keyboard too?

No problem on my ipad or standard keyboard. Spacebar on my uke working fine too, I keep skipping notes just fine :rolleyes:

jer
03-16-2017, 10:23 AM
I haven't noticed that particular issue, but I am having some odd things happen like being unable to see all of my text when I try to edit a post..No change on my part. Another user mentioned to me that they had some sort of issues too. I'm not sure exactly what, as it was mentioned in passing.

jer
03-16-2017, 10:32 AM
Hm. I can't seem to edit posts at all now.
Also, I've noticed I can't view pics when I click on them anymore either. It goes to a darkened screen and basically freezes up. Interesting.
I'm using whatever the latest version of Internet Explorer is....and yeah, I know some of you hate that browser but it has worked out for me mostly.

Ziret
03-16-2017, 10:35 AM
Yes I have. For a while I was typing in a document editor and cutting and pasting. Only in my computer, though.
,not my phone.

Rllink
03-16-2017, 11:01 AM
I haven't had trouble with the space bar, but several times yesterday and today I've gotten an error message when I refresh the page, and all the posts on the treads show as unread. Other than that, things are great.

soupking
03-16-2017, 12:44 PM
No problem with the spacebar, but I've noticed that the past few days, there have been threads missing when using the "What's New" function- which is basically all I use when on UU- to where new posts are spread really far apart making it seem like activity is way down-- it isn't, it's just that certain threads aren't showing. I've tracked certain things down, though, via the "Forum" section, however. It seems as though there's something going on 'round here :uhoh:

janeray1940
03-16-2017, 04:05 PM
Happens to me pretty often on my iMac using Chrome. It's only the first word that gives me trouble, so I work around it by typing the first word, hitting return, then typing the rest.

Firstword
(return)
start typing normally and all is well.

I thought it was just my aging computer - good to know it's not!

Ukulele Eddie
03-16-2017, 04:32 PM
Yes, specific to Chrome/Mac in my experience. If you enter a return, and the go back up it a line it clears it for me every time.

Just saw that @janeray1940 posted same. Dang, I always knew she was smart! ;-)

janeray1940
03-16-2017, 04:43 PM

Ha! Or perhaps great minds think alike :)

kypfer
03-16-2017, 10:09 PM

Some weird things are happening at the moment. I just made a posting in another area ... when I noticed a typo after submission and tried to edit it, only half the message was displayed!

If you've got the opportunity to try a different browser, it might make a difference. FWIW I'm using Window 10 and Internet Explorer :confused:

coolkayaker1
03-17-2017, 05:47 AM
Minesworking perf ect ly . Neve r been sm oother.

Doctroid
03-17-2017, 06:55 AM
Yes, specific to Chrome/Mac in my experience. If you enter a return, and the go back up it a line it clears it for me every time.

Not just Mac; I get the same behavior on a Chromebook if I do Reply With Quote. If I reply without quote, no problem. The above workaround works for me too.

jer
03-17-2017, 12:33 PM
Some weird things are happening at the moment. I just made a posting in another area ... when I noticed a typo after submission and tried to edit it, only half the message was displayed!

If you've got the opportunity to try a different browser, it might make a difference. FWIW I'm using Window 10 and Internet Explorer :confused:
That has happened to me too. I haven't changed computer, browsers, or anything else. It has only started happening very recently...never did before.

Ziret
03-17-2017, 02:28 PM
Right now I can't reply with quotes from my Android phone, it freezes up the entire browser.

stevejfc
03-17-2017, 04:32 PM
No space bar issues, but now I can't download pics......get file too large response. Never an issue until the last couple of weeks.

strumsilly
03-25-2017, 08:10 AM
It's working now, but it also happens on my PC running windows 7.