Silly thought but serious virus for all ukulele players

Cassie

Reaction score
Warning to all ukulele players out there! I have just discovered a brand-new virus that affects all players. . If you catch this virus, You will experience constant urges to play and the urges get stronger until you can no longer resist it. I have decided to call it Ukulele-itis. If you can't play as often as you wish, the virus will get worse until you can get near your ukulele. If anyone else has this virus, please speak up. I myself have had it really bad recently. But I'm trying to lay off so I do not become addicted.
:) .
This is all a joke. The name of This virus actually came to me in a dream last night. Anyhow, has anyone else had this virus? LOL. Like I said, I've been trying to lay off.

Don't know if I have the virus, but I definitely experience separation anxiety whenever I'm away from my ukuleles for more than a day or two! :cool:

Don't know if I have the virus, but I definitely experience separation anxiety whenever I'm away from my ukuleles for more than a day or two! :cool:

Oh yes! That is definitely a symptom. If anyone else feels like they can't be away from their uke for too long, then yes. That is a starting symptom. If anyone else has anymore symptoms, let me know. The best cure I guess would be to get back to your uke.

Last edited:
I have a strange symptom - sometimes when I am not even holding an actual ukulele I find myself making strumming motions and forming chord shapes. I believe this is known as 'involuntary-air-uke-gesticulation'.

I have a strange symptom - sometimes when I am not even holding an actual ukulele I find myself making strumming motions and forming chord shapes. I believe this is known as 'involuntary-air-uke-gesticulation'.

I get that sometimes too. But I have to kind of resist it because I don't want my mom and sister thinking I am crazy or something. I did forget to warn you though. It is contagious around ukulele players.

Unfortunately, my screen reader does not read pictures. I am visually impaired. Anyhow, Ukulele-itis is highly contagious around other players. I guess it afflicts people differently. Separationm anxiety, Involuntary air uke Gesticulation and who knows what else. Honestly, I get a very mild case of heebie-jeebies when I am away from Kalea. She is my little kala soprano.

Last edited:
I have been unofficially told that it is uncurable...I have simply accepted my plight and embraced my burning need for more Ukulele! :iwant::music:::shaka:

I have been visiting with friends and family and secretly wished it were socially acceptable to play my uke at the same time. Or at least hold it.

Does falling asleep counting ukuleles fall into that ailment?

I have been visiting with friends and family and secretly wished it were socially acceptable to play my uke at the same time. Or at least hold it.

Much of my socializing involves music. Often I can take my ukulele with me. But a different crave can occur when you aquire a new Uke. I have a new blue frog soprano that is stunning to look at and sublime to play. I have old habits like taking my Mainland to a jam. Last night I went to a pre St. Paddy's Day party and kept thinking about the Blue Frog. When I got home I went to check on her to make sure she hadn't hopped out the door looking for a new nest. Then I gave her a few strums. I think some ukuleles take on a life of Their Own. They can make a very deep impression on the psyche if you let them. I'm glad to let them in when they behave:eek:

Oh yeah, same here. I go to be with friends or family and I wish I could carry little Kalea with me. Sometimes, the need to play is like a fever. If not treated, it gets worse and worse. If left untreated, you could go into ukulele delirium. In that state, you will hear ukuleles and lots of songs but then you'll realize it's actually a guitar or something like it.

I'm infected. (even though my signature is a pretty strong indicator, oh sorry Cassie, it's a jpg image, so below is a text version of my signature).

TENOR UKES Cutaway:
Uku Hanknn V760DC
Kala KAATP-CTG-CE
BWA Custom Gypsy Jazz
BWA Custom Mandolele
BWA UI17-2167 Brown Burst
Godin Multiuke Sunburst
BWA Custom Flat Top Spalted
BASS UKES Acoustic:
Gold Tone GT MicroBass 23"
BWA Custom Fretless 21"
Yamaha ATPX2 Jr. Conversion 23"
BASS UKES Solid Body:
Rondo Hadean UKBE-33B Mod tri-pup 23"
Rondo Hadean UKBE-20SB Mod Hofner 21"
Rondo Hadean UKBE-33B Mod AudioVox 23"
Musoo Guitar MG-4M Mod Rickenbacker 21"
Rondo Hadean UKBE-33N Mod Jaguar 23"
BASS Guitars Mini Electric:
Les Paul Express Conversion 22.5"
Blue Star Guitar GBH Custom Tele 22.5"
SmallGuitars MB1 Mod Mini P-bass 24.5"
ESP LTD F Junior Conversion 21"
Dream Guitar Custom Gibson SG EB-0 22"
Dream Guitar Custom Rickenbacker 325 24"

Last edited:
Does falling asleep counting ukuleles fall into that ailment?

Oh yeah, same here. I go to be with friends or family and I wish I could carry little Kalea with me. Sometimes, the need to play is like a fever. If not treated, it gets worse and worse. If left untreated, you could go into ukulele delirium. In that state, you will hear ukuleles and lots of songs but then you'll realize it's actually a guitar or something like it.
Guitar nightmares!

Top Bottom