Greetings from (not so) sunny Stafford,UK

techdojo

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been in and out of the Uke scene for a couple of years now since buying a cheap Chord brand Uke at a local music shop (I was sold when I realised they had a copy of the Ukulele Black Book - full of rock / (almost) heavy metal.

Since then I've managed to catch a serious case of UAS and try and collect as many songbooks containing modern pop / rock / metal songs as I can (my pride and joy is my Tenor Risa Uke Stick).

After trying (and failing) too many times to follow the song books / youtube videos I decided that my contribution to the Uke world might be better served using my software development skills - so I decided to create The Ukulele App (you might have heard of it) in partnership with YouTube's The Ukulele Teacher.

In my spare time I still continue to annoy the wife and kids with my constant strumming of the I,IV,V progression and the riff's to Smoke on the Water and Iron Man. Progress is slow but my life's ambition is to be able to cover Sweet Child O' Mine on the Uke - and butcher as many metal / rock tracks as I can along the way :)

Jon...

Welcome aboard. :)

Hmm........seems like you've got SBS (Song Book Syndrome), to me, there. ;)

(Fellow RISA stick owner here - amongst others.)

Welcome aboard. :)

Hmm........seems like you've got SBS (Song Book Syndrome), to me, there. ;)

(Fellow RISA stick owner here - amongst others.)

Definitely - both digitally and in hardcopy :)

Welcome, techdojo. Are you located near Staffordshire? Curious cuz we have two adorable Staffordshire Bull Terriers.

I live in South Staffs (actually in Stafford), my parents used to have a Staffie - best dog ever!!

Agree; they are the best dogs we've ever had! Thanks, I now know that Staffordshire is not a city, but a county.

Seems like an electrified ukulele with a distortion pedal and amp would suit your musical tastes. I have a Tech 21 Sans Amp GT2 that has overdrive & Fender, Marshall and Boogie modeling and is lots of fun.

Top Bottom