For Sale: 2016 I'iwi Koa Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
SOLD: 2016 I'iwi Koa Tenor

SOLD: Up for sale is a gently used, 2016 I'iwi Koa Tenor Ukulele (by builder, Charles Fukuba) in excellent condition. I am the second owner. It was originally purchased from Hawaii Music Supply and it is set up well with excellent playability. This uke has great resonance, a warm tone and has exceptionally playability/comfort. One of the most pleasant sound ukes I’ve played, either strummed or finger-style. The tone balance is amazing. Love this uke, but I've got some car repairs and income tax due … and my never ending quest to down size my number of ukes.

There are no dings or dents, only some very small marks on top from restringing (below bridge), playing, and strumming (upper bout). Overall I’d give it a 9+ /10.

The uke will be well packed and comes with an arched top hard case. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Here are the specs:
* Beautiful, curly Hawaiian koa top sides and back
* Ornate 3-piece back with beautiful inlaid strips.
* Ebony binding top and back
* Ebony radiused ebony fretboard and bridge
* Ebony headplate with I’iwi bird inlay
* Abalone purfling on top
* Abalone rosettes
* Abalone position diamonds
* Mahogany neck
* Gotoh UPT geared tuning keys
* Hand rubbed glossy oil finish
* Hardshell case

Currently Strung with Oasis brights and a Freemont Soloist low g.
Recent sond sample: https://app.box.com/s/5trrfzg4v8gmrep4lvpnie8nz9gbtg8b

SOLD!

This is the original HMS listing of this instrument.
http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/i-iwi-custom-koa-tenor-1622.html

Here are some photos.
2017-03-17%2004.11.37_zps2jr9gdyn.jpg

2017-03-17%2004.13.07_zpsao0xqqs9.jpg

2017-03-17%2004.12.33_zpshlm0r6pn.jpg

2017-03-17%2004.12.20_zpshpxwgzxk.jpg

Last edited:
Dang! Nice uke Hodge! I guess your personal collection of quality high end custom ukes must be pretty deep if you're letting this uke go!!?? Whoever snags this will be getting a wonderful instrument! I've dealt with Hodge a few times and his instruments will arrive to you packaged well and in the exact shape as described.

Wow, Hodge ... I am just :drool::drool:

Sweet sounding ... good luck.

Great looking and sounding ukulele. Price is also good, something I've notes on all you sales. It will go fast I'm sure. Hodge, I'm curious about how this ukulele is to hold and play with the guitar like dreadnought shape? I'm sure playability must be awesome. Can you comment on both.

If I didn't already own a redwood/walnut I'iwi I would buy this. Knowing what I know about these instruments after one year of ownership and playing, these are as good as they get. That koa is drop dead gorgeous............ enough to make it hard not to own a second one.

Good luck Hodge.

If I didn't already own a redwood/walnut I'iwi I would buy this. Knowing what I know about these instruments after one year of ownership and playing, these are as good as they get. That koa is drop dead gorgeous............ enough to make it hard not to own a second one.

Good luck Hodge.

Downupdave
Can you buy it anyway so we can play???

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone.

This I'iwi tenor is very comfortable to play, good neck profile, very light instrument, well done fretwork on a radiused fretboard. Can't say I've played a more comfortable tenor than this I'iwi. I really do not notice the somewhat larger waist of the dreadnought body style. I'm sure it has something to do with the warm tone. Pineapple shaped bodies to feel a little odd to me. This still has the basic figure 8 shape which I find more comfortable. From what I understand the builder Charles Fukuba has developed his design and build for great comfort and playability. Another reason why it's hard to part with this one.

You might find this video interesting. The builder describes his ukes here: http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/brand/i-iwi.html

Great looking and sounding ukulele. Price is also good, something I've notes on all you sales. It will go fast I'm sure. Hodge, I'm curious about how this ukulele is to hold and play with the guitar like dreadnought shape? I'm sure playability must be awesome. Can you comment on both.

Lovely uke, Hodge. I'iwi has been on my list but, alas, I have too many still to sell. Somebody will be very happy!

I absolutely love the looks on this one, and it sounds even better. I will eventually add one of these to my portfolio as it's reputation is astounding.

Best on the sale, Hodge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom