MiSi pickup on the Farallon - no signal

etudes

Reaction score
I charged the MiSi today for the first time - gave it a good 3 minutes. The manual suggests 120 seconds for first use. Plugged in to my trusty LR Baggs acoustic reference amp and there's no signal. Tried the Pono with the MiSi and it works fine so that rules out problems with the amp/ cord. Even tried a stereo patch cord just for drill. Any thoughts? :confused:

I get the UU knuckle-head award for today. This version of the MiSi has a little something called a VOLUME control which was of course turned all the way down. I also learned you can't delete a post once posted.

Cheers

More on the sounds of the Farallon plugged in later!

I charged the MiSi today for the first time - gave it a good 3 minutes. The manual suggests 120 seconds for first use. Plugged in to my trusty LR Baggs acoustic reference amp and there's no signal. Tried the Pono with the MiSi and it works fine so that rules out problems with the amp/ cord. Even tried a stereo patch cord just for drill. Any thoughts? :confused:

Last edited:
I get the UU knuckle-head award for today. This version of the MiSi has something called a VOLUME control which amazingly controls the VOLUME of the output. I also learned you can't delete a post once posted.

Cheers

More on the sounds of the Farallon plugged in later!

Don't feel too bad, I went through the same thing. I have a misi pickup on another instrument, and it doesn't have any volume or tone controls. Mine wasn't turned all the way off, but it was turned so low I could barely hear it. I like having the extra controls on the instrument.

That was my first thought, as I've done similar things before. haha. Don't worry...we've all been there. I've also forgotten to plug cords into amps...and other various things. Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself. :-D

Yeah we could start another thread on this topic. Had my guitar plugged into the headphone jack on my amp before a coffee house gig.. I was getting perplexed!

Top Bottom