My Ding A Ling (Chuck Berry ukulele cover)

IamNoMan

Reaction score
Another Rocker joins the Angel Band! R.I.P. Chuck Berry.

"If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry". - John Lennon.

"Chuck" Berry (October 18, 1926 – March 18, 2017) was an American guitarist, singer and songwriter and one of the pioneers of rock and roll music. His performing and recording career extended over 72 years. His final album, announced on his 90th birthday is Scheduled to come out in 2017. Berry was among the first musicians to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on its opening in 1986; he was cited for having "laid the groundwork for not only a rock and roll sound but a rock and roll stance."

Bob Dylan called Berry "the Shakespeare of rock 'n' roll"

With songs such as "Maybellene" (1955), "Roll Over Beethoven" (1956), "Rock and Roll Music" (1957) and "Johnny B. Goode" (1958), Berry refined and developed rhythm and blues into the major elements that made rock and roll distinctive, with lyrics successfully aimed to appeal to the early teenage market and utilizing guitar solos and showmanship that would be a major influence on subsequent rock music.

"My music is simple stuff. Anybody can sit down, look at a set of symbols and produce sounds the music represents". Chuck Berry

Top Bottom