Street Performing - Busking

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
anyone ever try it with their uke?

I've been experimenting with the idea for a week or two. First brit and I went to the local mall just with the uke to see what people would do. Had a couple people stop and listen for awhile, couple people actually gave us money even though we weren't asking for any. Was pretty cool. We played for about an hour.

So we went back with a tip jar we made... i should have researched about the laws, acutally I just should have common sense, but we got kicked out by a cop in only 15 minutes although we made a few bucks before that. :rock: I don't really care that much about making the tips, just really use the idea for practice but i am a poor college kid so any extra pocket change helps.

So we're going to a festival in a little bit, gonna see what happens... Don't think i'll be taking the tip jar although I might bring a long a hat. I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyone ever try doing this? I like playing in public places all the time, anywhere actually. It helps practice in front of people so when we do open mic's and what not we don't really think about the people watching. My favorite is going to walmart and just playing and brit will be singing, we were in the frozen food section jamming for a few minutes cause we got tired of walking around. Little girl and her mom and a guy stopped and listened for a song. It's fun to look around and watch the people watch us play, you can tell they like it cause who the hell else sees someone playing the ukulele at walmart at 10pm.

Last edited:
Public playing

Before I started playing with my band SIC that i am with now I use to play at many public places. We started out just doing for christmas and it was great we would bring home 300 doallrs average a night lol. I am a broke student as well so I we use to do it at a ralph's grocery story every friday. people definitely enjoyed it and many of UU Members remember me in front of that place. It is fun and it was way better to practice in front of people and see people's reaction you know. All of this was like 2 years ago:)

yeah that was a good post, what would i search for to find out about busking laws??

Top Bottom