Different Drum (Linda Ronstadt)

Thanks, lfoo6952! I use my Canon video camera for all recording, even if I intend to use the audio only for backup vocals and extra instrumentation. Then I use GarageBand to mix different tracks together.

Very good my friend! The song was written by Michael Nesmith I believe.

Thanks, Uncle Leroy! Yes, Mike Nesmith, one of the Monkees!

Thanks, Brenda! The weather was cloudy and wet and a good excuse to work on an ukulele video. I have a long list of songs I want to record before I retire from YouTube! :)

Thanks, Brenda! The weather was cloudy and wet and a good excuse to work on an ukulele video. I have a long list of songs I want to record before I retire from YouTube! :)

Retire from you tube? You better not do it too soon !

Thanks, Brenda! You're very kind! The fingers on my left hand get achy when I do too many takes (which I tend to do) and my voice seems to be getting raspier in my old age, so I know I can't keep doing this forever, but as long as I have energy, I'll keep working on videos. My dream is to record some songs with my 2-year-old granddaughter, so I think I'll keep at this as long as I can. :)

I love your song choices.

I enjoy the purity of your voice. You sing with great sincerity and heart. To my ears you have a lot of good videos left in you! (if you run out of songs I would be happy to make a list) :)

Thanks, EDW! Thanks, Campbell! I really appreciate it! :)

As always......just great! I, too, love your song choices. May you have many many more years of bringing joy to our lives through your recordings.

Received a request for chords:

[C] You and [Em] I [F] travel to the [G] beat of a
[C] different [Em] drum, oh, [F] can’t you [G] tell by the
[C] way I [Em] run, [F] everytime [G] you make
[C] eyes at [Em] me, [F] wohh [G] ohhh

[C] You cry [Em] and [F] moan and [G] say
it’ll [C] work out [Em], but [F] honey child [G]
I’ve [C] got my [Em] doubts
You [F] can’t see the forest for the [G] trees

Oh, [F] don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I knock it
It’s [G] just that I am not in the market
For a [F] girl who wants to [G] love only [C] me
Yes and [F] I ain’t saying [G] you ain’t pretty
[C] All I’m [Em] sayin’ is [F] I’m not [C] ready
For [D7] any person, place or thing
to [Dm7] try and pull the reins in on
[G7] me, [Dm7] so-- [Dm6] oh

[C] Goodbye [Em F ] I’ll be [G] leavin’
I [C] see no [Em] sense in this [F] cryin’ and [G] grievin’
and we’ll [C] both live a lot [Em] longer [F] if you [G7] live with[C]out me [ Em F G ]
[ C Em F G ]

John, thanks for bumping this back up. Shocked to hear that Mike had passed, as he was just in town with Micky in September on tour. Loved his music and his dry humor. Mike will be missed.

John, thanks for bumping this back up. Shocked to hear that Mike had passed, as he was just in town with Micky in September on tour. Loved his music and his dry humor. Mike will be missed.
Yes, I saw video footage of a recent concert and it looks like he wasn't in great condition. I'm guessing he didn't want to disappoint the fans and went on stage despite his condition. It's sad that the musicians that made the music we loved in the past leave us one by one.

Top Bottom