Ukulele Tuner+ for iOS - FREE for a limited time only

DynamicAppDesign

Reaction score
Hey guys- this is an app I just came out with and I'm making it free for a limited time to both spread the word and get feedback on the app.

Download Here: http://apple.co/2n3LIQ0

After downloading go to the upgrade screen where you will see 'Upgrade Everything' has been set to $0.00. This upgrade is good forever!

Please take a look and let me know what you think!

Best,

Joe

Thanks for offering the app, as well as the "free" IAP for now.

The app has an amazing list of tuning possibilities. I think it looks good, and I love how you can touch the letter names to hear the pitch...that will help some players who cannot find the notes with just a tuner. I also like how the app shows the most recent tuning.

There are only 3 areas where I would be critical...and I don't think these are over-critical in any sense.

1) The tuning itself is almost too sensitive. I was working with a laminate ukulele today, and I couldn't get it to settle on a pitch, as it would shift from -3 cents to +2 cents with the SLIGHTEST nudge on the tuning button. Perhaps the app needs to sample at a slightly lower rate. Undoubtedly, if you can get your ukulele to rest at 0 cents...it will be incredibly in tune...but no one else at a gig would be as in tune as you! :)

2) I am not sure that people will pay $5.97 for all the features of the app. It isn't a lot of money--but at the same time, the Kala Tuner is free, and people may pay for something, but they will move to free first and see if things work out. A $3.00 for everything approach might yield more sales, but you are in the market, and I would expect that you have done market research and are expecting a certain result at $5.97 for all 3 features.

3) The icon is missing something...perhaps a white ukulele on the left side of the icon? I "get" that the icon mimics the app...but it also doesn't as the app has the big letter names. People will judge the app on its icon...and I can't tell what the app is about just from the image. Using the Kala tuner as an example...I also cannot tell what that app is about by its logo...but the big K makes sense for "Kala"; The Ukulele App says exactly what it is; and Ukeoke makes sense with its ukulele headstock with tropical background. All that is to say is that the icon is almost there but is missing something in regards to identifying the app.

Last edited:
Top Bottom