EZ-Folk.com is (not) closing!

HoldinCoffee

Reaction score
ezfolk.com is CLOSING! That WICKED sucks! Now I'll NEVER master the clawhammer :(

EDIT:
God bless us, EVERYONE!

Last edited:
Dude That does suck.
sad0020.gif
That was my favorite chord finder.

Are you sure? I don't see anything on the home page... If it's true it's a shame it has to go, you'd think they could at least get enough donations to pay for the hosting so that the site may live forever.

thats my favorite site now idk what im gonna do. they have variations to every chord:(:(

I much prefer the forum here at UU. I belonged to EZ-Folk forum first but never felt comfortable there, like an outsider. UU is nice and cozy. :D

Richard at EZ Folk posted a message that reads in part:
I'm sorry to have to announce the closing of the ezFolk website. There have been some things that have happened recently that have made it difficult to continue, and the site will close as of April 30, 2009.

I received an email from Google last week that it appeared the ezFolk website had been hacked and was being used by spammers of some sort. After looking into it I discovered that hundreds of pages in the general site containing tutorials as well as the main page had been modified by an outside source. It's not the malicious type of a hack that will do damage to a user's computer, so don't worry about that, but it is enough damage to the website that it has to be fixed and it is more of a job than I'm able to do.

Compounding the problem is that Google also informed me they would be removing links to the ezFolk site, and although there were still links coming in from Google the last time I looked, there has been a drop of about 50% in traffic since then.

But after that he posted:
Don't do anything too quickly like going in and deleting all of your songs. We might possibly have a solution that will keep us open.

My web host contacted me after seeing we were closing down and we're talking about some solutions that might work out to keep the site open. It will most likely involve getting rid of some huge sections of the site but will hopefully leave at least the forums and MP3 section intact.

Just hang loose and let's see what we can come up with.

Last edited:
Don't do anything too quickly like going in and deleting all of your songs. We might possibly have a solution that will keep us open.

My web host contacted me after seeing we were closing down and we're talking about some solutions that might work out to keep the site open. It will most likely involve getting rid of some huge sections of the site but will hopefully leave at least the forums and MP3 section intact.

Just hang loose and let's see what we can come up with.

Right on. Hope they come up with a solution.

they are the only reason why i know ukulele. they taught me more than anyone:(:(

No-no-no-noooooo!!

Stop it right now! Stop closing uke sites! This is so wrong!!!!! :stop:

Whew!!!!

Gee whiz! I didn't read to the end of the thread. :rolleyes: What a relief! I am so glad they are going to hang in there.

Top Bottom